Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancee is in Singapore and I am in UK, we both Chinese. We finished our documents preparation and I was just about to send my files to her via courier in next few days, but yesterday I found that ALL THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS need to courier to Sheffield UK rather than to the applicant.

I did do some research but I can't find any article for how and what documents need to be send by applicant in their country, and for sponsor to send to Sheffield UK?

Could you please help with these details please as I really do not have any idea for these details and what we should send to 2 different place? Would be ever more appreciated if you could provide me any online article reference, etc guidance or article on gov or home office website.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Xman

I'm in the UK and my fiance is in Morocco. When we submitted his application, we sent all the supporting documents to Sheffield along with his online application form (printed) and confirmation of Biometrics. When he went to TLS office in Rabat for his biometrics, the lady asked if he has any supporting documents with him to pass over, and he told her that he would send it to Sheffield from the UK, and the lady said ok. BUT, in Rabat they've only recently changed the rules that all documents must be sent to Sheffield. We found out later that if he did bring the supporting documents with him that day, they would scan all for him at the centre.

I believe now many visa application centres have document scanning facility. But do check with the local VFS or TLS in Singapore.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

We got married in El Jadida on 25/07/2017 and I returned to the UK (Birmingham) with all the documents (hers & mine) required for visa purposes to post to Sheffield, UK. My wife has her biometrics appointment on 14/08/2017 in Rabat.

1. As far as I know she only needs to take her passport and the below:

"When attending your appointment you must take with you a print out of your appointment confirmation,
a print out of your visa application (signed and dated), your online visa fee receipt and any supporting
documents. If you intend using the Priority Service option, you must pay the Priority Service fee on the
Teleperformance website at uk.tlscontact.com before attending your appointment and bring the receipt
with you"

2. I have all the supporting documents (hers and mine) with me in the UK as I will be posting them all to Sheffield based on what I read here: https://static.tlscontact.com/media/...t_apps_mar.pdf

3. Have you paid for the priority service?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

We got married in El Jadida on 25/07/2017 and I returned to the UK (Birmingham) with all the documents (hers & mine) required for visa purposes to post to Sheffield, UK. My wife has her biometrics appointment on 14/08/2017 in Rabat.

1. As far as I know she only needs to take her passport and the below:

"When attending your appointment you must take with you a print out of your appointment confirmation,
a print out of your visa application (signed and dated), your online visa fee receipt and any supporting
documents. If you intend using the Priority Service option, you must pay the Priority Service fee on the
Teleperformance website at uk.tlscontact.com before attending your appointment and bring the receipt
with you"

2. I have all the supporting documents (hers and mine) with me in the UK as I will be posting them all to Sheffield based on what I read here: https://static.tlscontact.com/media/...t_apps_mar.pdf

3. Have you paid for the priority service?

Thanks!
1. Yes, she only needs to take her passport, printed online application form (signed and dated) and visa payment receipt. If you're using the priority service, then you have to take that payment receipt, too.

2. I couriered all the supporting documents from the UK via Royal Mail next day special delivery signed for.

3. Yes - paid £551 and it's day 42 today. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Many thanks!!!!

Is that 42 days or working days?

Hope you get your visa anytime now!

If you don't mind could your post/message me your document checklist?

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Xman

I'm in the UK and my fiance is in Morocco. When we submitted his application, we sent all the supporting documents to Sheffield along with his online application form (printed) and confirmation of Biometrics. When he went to TLS office in Rabat for his biometrics, the lady asked if he has any supporting documents with him to pass over, and he told her that he would send it to Sheffield from the UK, and the lady said ok. BUT, in Rabat they've only recently changed the rules that all documents must be sent to Sheffield. We found out later that if he did bring the supporting documents with him that day, they would scan all for him at the centre.

I believe now many visa application centres have document scanning facility. But do check with the local VFS or TLS in Singapore.
Have phoned singapore last week, they said they do not have help line and asked me to phone UK number. :Cry:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Yes, she only needs to take her passport, printed online application form (signed and dated) and visa payment receipt. If you're using the priority service, then you have to take that payment receipt, too.

2. I couriered all the supporting documents from the UK via Royal Mail next day special delivery signed for.

3. Yes - paid £551 and it's day 42 today. :D
Thanks for your reply.
1. And we found https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/singapore/how_to_apply.html just now, but it doesn't mention what file will need to be handed in singapore, and what files need to be post to sheffield, could you show me any article or list please?

2. In terms of cover letter from applicant, and 1 letter from me(sponsor), do we need to change anything due to the files need to send to sheffield? Is that we need to provide photocopies of all the original documents we submit?

3. For the priority £551 extra service, it said 5 days on the websitehttps://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/singapore/user_pay_services.html#1, and you said 42days? could you please clarify this? and is that standard service will take 16weeks?

Many thanks for your help. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Many thanks!!!!

Is that 42 days or working days?

Hope you get your visa anytime now!

If you don't mind could your post/message me your document checklist?

Thanks!
It's 42 working days. I submitted early June. Priority was supposed to be 15 working days. Apparently they are having a logjam in Sheffield, hence the delay. I sent them an email and they said it's only an estimation and that there is not guarantee they can process the application within 15 working days. "We aim to... :rolleyes2: But they did say they put priority applications at the front of the queue. Hopefully it won't be too long for me now inshaAllah!

My checklist for Fiance Visa:
1. Priority Settlement Visa Service payment confirmation receipt
2. Completed Visas4UK online application with passport photograph
3. Completed Appendix 2 VAF4A
4. English language evidence - IELTS test certificate
5. TB test result
6. Prepaid electronic shipping label and envelope
7. Proof of relationship
- statement letter from applicant
- statement letter from sponsor
- support letter from sponsor's father
- support letter from applicant's family member
- photographs
- WhatsApp chatlog
- phone/video call log
- flight tickets, hotel bookings, stamped visas
8. Financial evidence
- letter from employer
- employment contract
- payslips
- P60
- bank statement
9. Accommodation evidence
- letter from my parents allowing us to live at their house rent free
- tenancy agreement
10. Proof of intent to marry

I think that's about it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's 42 working days. I submitted early June. Priority was supposed to be 15 working days. Apparently they are having a logjam in Sheffield, hence the delay. I sent them an email and they said it's only an estimation and that there is not guarantee they can process the application within 15 working days. "We aim to... :rolleyes2: But they did say they put priority applications at the front of the queue. Hopefully it won't be too long for me now inshaAllah!

My checklist for Fiance Visa:
1. Priority Settlement Visa Service payment confirmation receipt
2. Completed Visas4UK online application with passport photograph
3. Completed Appendix 2 VAF4A
4. English language evidence - IELTS test certificate
5. TB test result
6. Prepaid electronic shipping label and envelope
7. Proof of relationship
- statement letter from applicant
- statement letter from sponsor
- support letter from sponsor's father
- support letter from applicant's family member
- photographs
- WhatsApp chatlog
- phone/video call log
- flight tickets, hotel bookings, stamped visas
8. Financial evidence
- letter from employer
- employment contract
- payslips
- P60
- bank statement
9. Accommodation evidence
- letter from my parents allowing us to live at their house rent free
- tenancy agreement
10. Proof of intent to marry

I think that's about it.
Dear my friend, your advice is excellent. But I still have below questions if you don't mind. Just try to make everything correct.

1. When your fiancee submit her files in her country, what she need to submit to the application center? Did she post her files to you before she done this in her country or after? as the files all need to be within 28days, is that online application date(the first step) is the date for 28 days count from?

2. On you list, it seems like you submit the whole documents except her original passport? Can you advise what the origin local center did? Did they just photocopy of all your fiancee's files and return to her on the same day? Also, did you provide all a set of photocopies for all the original file in your application?

3. For 'Proof of intent to marry', as we can't do anything until my fiancee's fiancee visa is issued, so I only have a screenshot of an email correspondence with UK register office. is this good enough?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 more question on the top of above, when submit the files to sheffield, did you use the 2d barcode separator to put the files?

do we need to put the files in any orders?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another question, do we need to pay for NHS fees? I think we do not need to pay this fees as this visa is not longer than 6 months. Am I correct? Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another question, do we need to pay for NHS fees? I think we do not need to pay this fees as this visa is not longer than 6 months. Am I correct? Thanks.
1. My fiance submitted his original passport, printed online application form, visa payment receipt and priority service payment receipt at the centre. The rest of the documents (all original) I had it with me in the UK and couriered to Sheffield. What I was told is the 28 days is from the date of online application submitted.

2. Visa centre only took his biometrics and photo and the documents that he brought with him.

3. I did the same. Then I explained in my letter of statement also.

4. I didn't use the barcode separator. Yes, put all documents in order as per instruction in the link I gave earlier.

5. No NHS fee for fiance visa. When you make the online application, make sure you choose the correct category. Settlement > Marriage. It won't ask you to pay the NHS fee.

All the best!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1. ok, so after my fiancee done the online application, she only need to bring 'original passport, printed online application form, visa payment receipt and priority service payment receipt' to Singapore VFS office?

2. the same as above

I have done so.

as instruction shows https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/singapore/. Do you think I need to use barcode separator for the files I courier to Sheffield?

Great. No NHS need to be applied.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Xman

As per the instruction on the website, it says:
Effective 17 March 2017, a scanning process for supporting documents in UK Visa Application Centre, Singapore will be introduced for all visa categories.

Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view these details.

A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the UK Visa Application Centre in Singapore has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents. Before you visit the visa application centre please click here to view the details.

However, the link to view the details say:
UK Visas & Immigration is changing the way UK settlement visa applicants in Singapore submit their
supporting documents.
From 10 April 2017, all supporting documents should be sent to the UK address below by the sponsor or
applicant.
Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Ylyy131.

that is what I think that all files still need to be sent to sheffield. correct?

but their website is confused me very much.

:mad:

Hi Xman

Effective 17 March 2017, a scanning process for supporting documents in UK Visa Application Centre, Singapore will be introduced for all visa categories.

Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view these details.

A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the UK Visa Application Centre in Singapore has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents. Before you visit the visa application centre please click here to view the details.

UK Visas & Immigration is changing the way UK settlement visa applicants in Singapore submit their
supporting documents.
From 10 April 2017, all supporting documents should be sent to the UK address below by the sponsor or
applicant.
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It does not mention barcode separator need to be done with the submition.
Do I still need to do it? CONFUSED!:Cry:

Hi Xman

supporting documents.
applicant.
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hahaha yeahhh it's confusing! But I think if you're sending the documents to Sheffield, you don't need to use the barcode separators, as those are for scanning purpose.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HAHA... I am crying and you are laughing. LOL....

double checking, are you sure I do not need the barcode separator when I submit to Sheffield? :):D

Hahaha yeahhh it's confusing! But I think if you're sending the documents to Sheffield, you don't need to use the barcode separators, as those are for scanning purpose.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.