Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I had recently applied for a Tier 4 Student Visa for my studies in the UK which is a full time one year course and have received a Visa which has a validity of 6months on the vignette stamped on my passport instead of one year. I have NOT received any additional letter for the BRP collection along with the application package. Also the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) fees I paid along with the visa fees, has been reverted back to my bank account.

I checked with my fellow students and the vignette for the Tier 4 Student Visa should have a one-month validity as the duration of my course is for 1 year. Also I should collect the BRP upon entering UK through the collection centre mentioned in my application form.

I am really worried as I am reaching the UK in less than two weeks time for my course starting soon and hence I had applied for a visa on Priority.

Following these changes I called the UK Visa Immigration Office in the UK and they have taken my GWF number and email. They told me it needs to be corrected as the validity cannot be for 6 months. I am waiting for the email back from them now. It has already been two days. I have also dropped in an email. In the meantime I have also informed my institute regarding the issue. I have also rechecked all the documents I had submitted for any errors on my part but found none. I also submitted my CAS, Offer letter along with cover letter and declaration which mentions the duration of my studies.

I would be really glad if someone could suggest me what I can do now or if there is any alternative solution to the problem.

Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whether I can travel to UK with that Visa

I can't see you doing more. As the mistake it with them, they should correct it with as little disruption to your studies. If you don't get any response for a couple of weeks, lodge a complaint: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure

Thank you Joppa. Much appreciated. I will wait for any response for sometime though its very close now and mostly because I need to travel/fly to the visa application centre which is far off from my place. Is it possible for me to travel to UK with such a visa to start my course ? Or do I change my tickets for a later date till another decision is made?

(I have also tried contacting VFS global through which I had applied and also the UK embassy in my country. But they have all directed me towards the helpline number and the email ID to which I have already contacted)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.