Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a british citizen now living in morocco.I have been married for 10 years with two kids and I am wondering if my husband qualifies for a british passport even though we are living abroad.

G

·
You can not claim British citizenship by marriage. Have you and your family ever lived in the UK? How about the children where were they born? Do they have British passports?

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
I am a british citizen now living in morocco.I have been married for 10 years with two kids and I am wondering if my husband qualifies for a british passport even though we are living abroad.
Unless you work for the British diplomatic service etc and originally recruited in UK, your husband has to live in UK for 3 years before being eligible to apply for naturalisation as British citizen. To move to UK, he will need a spouse settlement visa. Your children, if you are British citizen otherwise than by descent (i.e. born, adopted, registered or naturalised in UK or in British overseas territories - e.g. Gibraltar), are British citizens from birth. They are British citizens by descent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.