Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Have established that our application is a lost cause as we applied under Category A using two jobs from two different employers with only half a year.

From what I can see we have practically no case that we can argue even if I were to attend an oral hearing for the appeal? I mean I've since been employed in a new role which I'm earning over the requirement. However that wouldn't compensate the original failings surely?

So if they were to arrange an oral hearing, would I have anything to lose by going? Would they take into account the new job or would I have just wasted a day by going?

·
Registered
585 Posts
The best thing to do is to re-apply, appealing can take months and you probably may hear an outcome sooner when re-applying. If you were using two jobs then you should of applied under Category B providing 12 months worth of pay slips and bank statements.

Re-apply provide the correct documents

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best thing to do is to re-apply, appealing can take months and you probably may hear an outcome sooner when re-applying. If you were using two jobs then you should of applied under Category B providing 12 months worth of pay slips and bank statements.

Re-apply provide the correct documents
Thanks for the reply. We have actually got an appeal waiting a hearing date, have just been juggling the idea of whether we should withdraw.

The immigration solicitor helped us apply that way. Later we found out its just horribly wrong. Near the end of the year we should be able to submit a new application.

It's just whether to wait and see whether my new job has any impact on the appeal if the hearing happens soonish...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your new job will not be taken into consideration. No new evidence which didn't exist at the time of application can be introduced in an appeal.
In which case, considering the mess that is my previous application, no amount of pleading or cake baking will help our cause as we don't even have a case to argue in favour of...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.