Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really last minute, lucky we have noticed this before we fly out for my husband's appointment at VFS.

I presumed I would qualify under category A as I have been with my current employer for over 3 years and I have been earning the amount I am now since march 16 (with the exception of my 2% annual pay increase. I am paid hourly but do the same hours every week no exceptions other than the odd hour overtime and my earnings exceed the required 18,600. I have my p60 included.

I have just read that if paid weekly they calculate your earnings a different way on a monthly basis, with some months having 4 weeks and others having 5, they will only count 4 which means for the £1550 I'll be under on some months and over on others.

Do I need to fill out a new appendix 2 for category B? I am so confused.

Tia x

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add to that,

I have found this calculation, not sure if it is correct.

Total amount of 26 payslips, divided by 6 and then multiplied by 12 (for category A).
When I calculated mine I got my result to £19,534.50.

Can I still apply under category A?

We fly tomorrow and I am in a right panic now!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
For salaried employment under Category A, they take your lowest payslip for the period specified. If you're in salaried employment, paid consistently on a monthly basis this should be no problem, but some people are paid a salary every four weeks and this has caused issues (in this case using category B is recommended).

If you're paid hourly, then it shouldn't be problematic either, as non-salaried employment is calculated based on the sum total of your payslips over the past six months (divided by six, multiplied by twelve).

If you still need to change your answers to use Cat B (but I am not convinced you do) then yes, you'll need to scrap Appendix 2 and fill it out anew. You'll also need to provide twelve months' of financial documents rather than six.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply. I don't have monthly payslips, they are weekly and it's just really scared me that of they look at a month being only 4 weeks I will be slightly under the 1550 on some months

That calculation of my gross earnings over 26 payslips X 6, then ÷ 12 comes out at over the requirements so I'll write upma spreadsheet to show how I've worked it out. I thought I was in for a last minute dash to the bank again then.

Thanks again

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
It's fine that your payslips are weekly - They'll take the sum total, as you specified earlier - That's the correct calculation. Including a spreadsheet is fine, even though they'll run the calculations themselves, it's a good idea to include and they will make a note of it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much. You've put my mind at ease. All kinds of last minute fretting going on right now! ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, I have been looking through my appendix 2 checking everything over and I have noticed it does not have an option to select unsalaried employment anywhere in part 3A, it just says salaried for everything. I have just filled everything out accordingly and then wrote at the back about my circumstances where it asks if you would like more information to be considered... Is that the correct way to do it?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, just work out your income according to the rule for unsalaried job and enter the figures on the form. Your employment letter should make it clear that you are unsalaried.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.