Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

I am in a bit of a quandary. I was in the process of changing my family name on both my passport and BRP card as I got married and gained a FLR(M) visa. I have just received the updated passport with my new family name, however my grandmother has just passed away in Japan and I want to go back for a short time to help my family with her funeral.

As I have updated my passport but not my BRP card, do I risk not being allowed back into the UK when I return?

If I present by current passport, original BRP card and either my marriage certificate or my previous passport would immigration allow me to re-enter the UK?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Toni

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You have 3 months in which to update your BRP, so you should be ok. Carry some evidence of passport change, and perhaps the urgent nature of your visit (in English).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have 3 months in which to update your BRP, so you should be ok. Carry some evidence of passport change, and perhaps the urgent nature of your visit (in English).
Thank you so much Joppa for your reply. I showed my BRP card, old and new passport at the passport control and could come back to UK without any problem. Appreciate your help :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Good. Get your BRP renewed ASAP, as you don't know when you may have to make an urgent travel. Plus they can potentially fine you £1,000 and cut short your stay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.