Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can get family sponsored and my skill is on the critical list- wall and floor tiler but need help and advice of how to proceed,
1) do i need to complete a skilled assesment, if so how do i make an appointment to complete this, where is this done and what is the cost.
2) what other evidence do i need to support my experience or if i pass this, that is sufficent
3) i am self employed in this role for the last 12 years, what documentation do i need to prove this or is this irrelavant
4)once skilled assesment has been complete and passed, what is next stage.

would really appreciate help with the above as want to get application lodged and be in Perth, ASAP

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at this link: Wall and Floor Tiler 4416-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

There's a link to the assessing body (TRA) and you should find out all the info you need on the skills assessment there.

You will need to do a skills assessment and once you have passed you apply for your visa. At some stage (after applying) you will be allocated a Case Officer who will ask you to arrange medicals and police checks.

Have a look at that TRA link and then come back with any questions, there's always someone on here who will be able to answer them for you.

Not sure if you are aware but mid year the CSL will be no more.

Dolly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Medicals Finalised but no visa yet

Hi

Can get family sponsored and my skill is on the critical list- wall and floor tiler but need help and advice of how to proceed,
1) do i need to complete a skilled assesment, if so how do i make an appointment to complete this, where is this done and what is the cost.
2) what other evidence do i need to support my experience or if i pass this, that is sufficent
3) i am self employed in this role for the last 12 years, what documentation do i need to prove this or is this irrelavant
4)once skilled assesment has been complete and passed, what is next stage.

would really appreciate help with the above as want to get application lodged and be in Perth, ASAP
My husband is in the same trade and we have completed our application and have medicals finialised by the IMMI, we are just waiting on a Yes or No. He had to complete a skilled assesment and he also used a company called Australian Construction Training Services to access him here in Ireland and completed countless documents to get the Australian qualification which we have been told is neccessary when you try to find employment in Oz. A far as I know getting this Oz qualification was the simpilest way to proceed with the application for the Trades Recognition Authority. If I am on the right lines of what you are looking for just get back to me and I will let you know all the info we provided to ACTS for the TRA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanks for relying to me, just need so much information at the minute.
I have a qualification in tiling, this was done in England 3 years ago and I have been self employed in the role since then, but don;t think it will be recognised so believe that doing what your husband did will be the best way forward, so any help in that area would be very much appreciated.
Secondly, unsure whether to claim that i was self emploed or not. Worked for a building company doing all their tiling and they would be willing to state this, so is going down that route an easier option rather than having to provide accounts etc...

thanks again

My husband is in the same trade and we have completed our application and have medicals finialised by the IMMI, we are just waiting on a Yes or No. He had to complete a skilled assesment and he also used a company called Australian Construction Training Services to access him here in Ireland and completed countless documents to get the Australian qualification which we have been told is neccessary when you try to find employment in Oz. A far as I know getting this Oz qualification was the simpilest way to proceed with the application for the Trades Recognition Authority. If I am on the right lines of what you are looking for just get back to me and I will let you know all the info we provided to ACTS for the TRA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think if you use the contractor as your reference you will be asked for payslips etc. so the self-employed route may be easier. We just got a letter from our accountant saying he was self employed and in profit for the last 5 years. (No accounts asked for) The ACTS guy went to look at some jobs he did. We supplied pictures of a varitey the work he did, and statements from regular customers, preferably accross the board, domestic & commercial. To be honest if you use the same company as us, although it did cost about €2000, they went through everything with us, told us exactly what info they needed and gave us samples of letters and all the paperwork that was needed, mostly we just got the stuff signed. Although everything in this process does take time and is mountains of paperwork the info we put together to get the Oz qualification is worth it because we have relations in Oz who have checked the current employment situation and for the most part they cannot find employers who will take anyone on without it. Maybe if you contact ACTS or look at their website you might get the info you need in a few lines, not like me waffling on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again

I have been on the ACTS web page, understand some of it and mostly none of it-- what you have been able to tell me is invaluable.
Would be interested in using the company you's used, was that The Australian Construction Training services and would you have contact details for them.
Am surprised that a letter from the accountant stating that that i am self employed, have been tiling for 3 years and made profit is enough--happy days.Was worred that i would have to supply 3 years accounts, bank statments, proof of purchasing materials etc.. this eases my mind abit.
Can you give an approx timeline of the process, hope im not being too much of a apain. I am very grateful for any help you can give, just want to be in Perth

I think if you use the contractor as your reference you will be asked for payslips etc. so the self-employed route may be easier. We just got a letter from our accountant saying he was self employed and in profit for the last 5 years. (No accounts asked for) The ACTS guy went to look at some jobs he did. We supplied pictures of a varitey the work he did, and statements from regular customers, preferably accross the board, domestic & commercial. To be honest if you use the same company as us, although it did cost about €2000, they went through everything with us, told us exactly what info they needed and gave us samples of letters and all the paperwork that was needed, mostly we just got the stuff signed. Although everything in this process does take time and is mountains of paperwork the info we put together to get the Oz qualification is worth it because we have relations in Oz who have checked the current employment situation and for the most part they cannot find employers who will take anyone on without it. Maybe if you contact ACTS or look at their website you might get the info you need in a few lines, not like me waffling on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts