Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, will be shifting to Dubai soon and had a bit of a question with regards to the visa process.

I'll be transferring to my employer's Dubai offices. The date my boss agreed on was the 4th of July and the employment visa I have expires on 27th July. I was given to understand that residency visa can be issued in around 1-2 weeks time but I have heard that with Ramadan and Eid on July 18th this may take considerably more time.

My question is what happens if I don't get the Residency Card before the employment visa expires? Can the employment visa be renewed? Or will I have to return to my country and re-apply. What is the risk in overstaying for a few days? A fine is doable but don't want to risk any legal trouble.

I spoke to my office's HR in dubai, they've given me assurances but I want to know if I should be pushing them more for something...

Would really appreciate some advise as it's a good role and really not in the mood to get stuck in some bureaucratic quagmire

·
Registered
279 Posts
Don't worry about it. The worst fate will be a fine, but even in Ramadan things do get done. However, expect it to take about twice as long as usual (viz. 1-2 weeks becomes 2-4 weeks).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts