Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done a retrospective upgrade yet? Is it worth calling Sitel and asking?
I don't know if I should go and visit him or not in the summer holidays. It'll be 60 days in early August so not sure if it would booking flights or waiting? If I wait and not hear anything my summer holidays will be gone by then. That's why I am thinking of upgrading... Please advise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
If it is settlement visa, why would you be visiting your partner first? Won't you come over, once you have the visa?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
I see what you mean. I would just wait it out personally. He should be here within the next few months, in any case.

Also, with upgrading to priority, if your partner's case has already been opened and is being examined, the decision will not be made any quicker. Only thing priority ensures is that your case gets put ahead of the queue. So it is only really worth paying for at the start. A few weeks after application, your application may already be under review, you know what I mean?

It is your call, however. I will let others with experience of retrospective priority upgrade experience comment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see what you mean. I would just wait it out personally. He should be here within the next few months, in any case.

Also, with upgrading to priority, if your partner's case has already been opened and is being examined, the decision will not be made any quicker. Only thing priority ensures is that your case gets put ahead of the queue. So it is only really worth paying for at the start. A few weeks after application, your application may already be under review, you know what I mean?

It is your call, however. I will let others with experience of retrospective priority upgrade experience comment.
We're already on 41 days and our case is straight forward. Only 4 weeks and we would have met the bench and. The point is I miss him and I want to see him but I don't know when well get a decision and i only have one summer holidays...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
I still don't see how paying priority will change anything however. Why not just book your trip to see him, and if his visa comes early, then its a bonus and you don't have to go. And if it takes its time, then you at least you will have seen him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
Did you apply 41 days ago? or did you recently apply? If recently, it might be worth paying extra money for the priority service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes 41 business days ago. We just want a quicker decision so if it's a no I visit him if it's a yes I don't as we want to save money. Don't know what to do...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Personally I would wait it out.. if you just can't wait not worth upgrading it actually you are 41 days in so you only got probably another month or so until it comes in.

Don't waste the money for priority as some have said case could already be open.

Just buy the plain ticket and go visit him is my suggestion have one last lovely holiday in morocco :)

P.S. You could also take an extra suitcase with you and bring back some of his stuff while you are there instead of shipping it over.. Just a thought process there that would save some money as well. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally I would wait it out.. if you just can't wait not worth upgrading it actually you are 41 days in so you only got probably another month or so until it comes in.

Don't waste the money for priority as some have said case could already be open.

Just buy the plain ticket and go visit him is my suggestion have one last lovely holiday in morocco :)

P.S. You could also take an extra suitcase with you and bring back some of his stuff while you are there instead of shipping it over.. Just a thought process there that would save some money as well. :)
Thank you for the suggestion.
If the case is already open how long could it take to get a decision? I do have about 1 month wait hopefully. We want to save and if I do go there it'll be for a reason ie visa hasn't passed. That's why I need a decision asap to make the trip meaningful...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top