Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have submitted EOI under 189/261313 with 60 points on 6-Aug-2015. I am working with same company for past 10 year 6 months (as of today). When I have done ACS on June 2015, my work experience assessed after July 2007 which gave me 7 years and 11 months of experience. When I submitted EOI, I entered experience end date as the date on which experience letter generated (even though the content of letter mentions I work "till date"). Recently I learned that if I am working on same company with same designation I can set the end date as empty which will update my experience automatically and I can gain 5 more points. Now my questions are,

1. Is there any negative effect on updating EOI with experience end date as empty now?

2. What will be my EOI effective date (my current EOI date is 6-Aug-2015 and last cut off date is 25-June-2015 with 2000 invitation remaining)?

3. Will it have any negative effect on visa processing?

Please advice,

·
Registered
550 Posts
#1-: It will make your visa efffect date in EOI at the time of your update. But if you get 5 points doing it and go to 65 points then you will get invite for 261313 in the next round for sure.
#2-: You will get invite in the next round with 65 points.
#3-: Nopes, as long as info provided by you is accurate and you have docs to prove it, nothing to worry. I myself did the same mistake, updated it, got the grant.

Reactions: KeeDa

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi

I have submitted EOI under 189/261313 with 60 points on 6-Aug-2015. I am working with same company for past 10 year 6 months (as of today). When I have done ACS on June 2015, my work experience assessed after July 2007 which gave me 7 years and 11 months of experience. When I submitted EOI, I entered experience end date as the date on which experience letter generated (even though the content of letter mentions I work "till date"). Recently I learned that if I am working on same company with same designation I can set the end date as empty which will update my experience automatically and I can gain 5 more points. Now my questions are,

1. Is there any negative effect on updating EOI with experience end date as empty now?

2. What will be my EOI effective date (my current EOI date is 6-Aug-2015 and last cut off date is 25-June-2015 with 2000 invitation remaining)?

3. Will it have any negative effect on visa processing?

Please advice,
it is better to gain additional points than to have an earlier date of effect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do we need to submit latest experience letter any where during visa process? Or will we submit same experience letter that we submitted for ACS?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Do we need to submit latest experience letter any where during visa process? Or will we submit same experience letter that we submitted for ACS?
If there's considerable time difference between ACS and visa lodge or if your points have increased due to completing 3 years or 5 years or 8 years of skilled employment.
I did my ACS in March and lodged visa in August. My points increased in July, so got a new roles and responsibilities letter from company though my job profile remained the same.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If there's considerable time difference between ACS and visa lodge or if your points have increased due to completing 3 years or 5 years or 8 years of skilled employment.
I did my ACS in March and lodged visa in August. My points increased in July, so got a new roles and responsibilities letter from company though my job profile remained the same.
Thanks, appreciate it mate...

·
Registered
27 Posts
So we don't need to do another acs assesment with updated experience. At the time of visa we can submit a new roles and responsibilities letter. My case is exactly the same. Earlier i submitted the eoi under 489 later after 6 months i got eligible for 189. I have updated dated the eoi application with 189 category with new experience. Do i also need to get assessment again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts