Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure when exactly this was updated, definitely sometime within the last few weeks. Last time I checked I believe it said 100 percent of applications were resolved within 15 days. And now it says only 94 percent within 15 days and 100 percent by 40 days!!! (Link pasted below)

Anyone know what to make of this?? There were only 37 applications for EEA FPs for the time period in question...so should one assume that a few of those applications were just overly complicated? Or has the average wait time changed THIS dramatically due to the recent influx of UK visa applications?

UK Border Agency | Guide to visa processing times

(For some reason I am having trouble posting the direct link...if you want to see the chart select United States from the drop down menu and scroll down to near the bottom of the page)

Is it likely that the 6 percent of applications decided after day 15 were denied or were those 6 percent most likely applications that, say, came with hundreds of pages of supporting documents that needed to be gone through?

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Not sure when exactly this was updated, definitely sometime within the last few weeks. Last time I checked I believe it said 100 percent of applications were resolved within 15 days. And now it says only 94 percent within 15 days and 100 percent by 40 days!!! (Link pasted below)

Anyone know what to make of this?? There were only 37 applications for EEA FPs for the time period in question...so should one assume that a few of those applications were just overly complicated? Or has the average wait time changed THIS dramatically due to the recent influx of UK visa applications?

UK Border Agency | Guide to visa processing times

(For some reason I am having trouble posting the direct link...if you want to see the chart select United States from the drop down menu and scroll down to near the bottom of the page)

Is it likely that the 6 percent of applications decided after day 15 were denied or were those 6 percent most likely applications that, say, came with hundreds of pages of supporting documents that needed to be gone through?
UKBA NY Hub was updated yesterday and typical prcessing time has now lengthened to 13 business days, up from 12 previous week. So it seems all visa applications are taking a long time, almost 3 weeks with holidays. Those with unusual or complex situations can take a lot longer, maybe a month or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.