Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just started a rough copy for the spouse extension coming up in Dec 2017. In section 1 of 7, question relating to English tests: 'Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR A1 or higher?'

I know the requirement was A2. But does that question now mean A1 is sufficient? I am quite confused. Would be great if someone can clarify.

Thanks so much.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the question relates to the test you took for the initial visa. You will need A2 for FLR(M).
Hi Joppa. Slight confusion if you can help with please. I am yet to see anywhere mentioning FLR(M) on the online application. We're updating the 'Family Route' option. Is this correct? Please let me know.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Joppa.

Was after some opinion;

So there's a question on the online Application regarding shared financial responsibilities. My partner does have some bills in her name, however I am the bill payer on everything. She is unemployed.

Is it ok to just state that I am the bill payer?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk edited by adding shared.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to bump this.

Can someone please let me know what you've stated in the shared financial responsibilities on FLR-M. I am the sponser, partner is not employed. Partner does have a couple of bills under her name or joint. Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I stated clearly what expenses by which person and how much they cost each month.
My boyfriend pay for most of the utilities and rent, so I listed all items and how much they cost.
food and other minor housing expenses by me and how much each month.

To be honest, not even sure if it's the right way to do it. But I think all those count as shared financial responsibilities.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi all, I tried looking for some answers on the forum but had no luck. Was hoping if someone can help with the following questions on FLR M.

Section 6 - Contact with sponser.

6.5 How do you keep in touch with your sponser.

Now, section 6 on the FLR form appears to be exactly the same as the Appendix section 1.2. Previously we used technology for that answer. But as we live together - I have stated we live together, so we speak daily. Will this be correct? Or am I supposed to ignore this section?

Also:

Section 6.7: When did you start living together as partner. Do I include the dates from when we were married (and lived together for a short while) or from when she gain visa and moved to the UK to live with me?

Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
6.5 How do you keep in touch with your sponser.

Now, section 6 on the FLR form appears to be exactly the same as the Appendix section 1.2. Previously we used technology for that answer. But as we live together - I have stated we live together, so we speak daily. Will this be correct? Or am I supposed to ignore this section?
For my FLR form, I simply wrote 'We live together' which didn't raise any questions.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Leanna for your reply. I have added; we live together and speak on daily basis.

What did you use for section 6.7 (when did you start living together) if you don't mind me asking, please.

I have added; After marriage date - date, and since spouse visa date - to date.

Do you think that's acceptable or do they just want to know the dates from living in the UK?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think my situation was a little different than yours as I moved to the UK on a Fiancee visa and so put the date I landed in the UK and we began living together. We had never lived together while we were dating and then long-distance-ing so my date was very straightforward. I'd hold out and see what other people comment with regards to that specific question and see what you decide form there. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the question relates to the test you took for the initial visa. You will need A2 for FLR(M).
No, the OP was correct. I am currently in the process of submitting the online form for my wife's first extension. She's in the the UK now and at the 2.5 years stage. It clearly says; "Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR A1 or higher?"

I have also found this confusing. If it is correct then she shouldn't need to take an additional test. However I'm guessing that it's an error by UKVI judging by other info out there.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
No, the OP was correct. I am currently in the process of submitting the online form for my wife's first extension. She's in the the UK now and at the 2.5 years stage. It clearly says; "Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR A1 or higher?"
You're wrong, that statement doesn't indicate that A1 is to be used for her current application. She needs A2 if she is applying for FLR(M) after her first 2.5 year period.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...fe_as_a_Partner_or_Parent_-_5-year_rou....pdf

From 1 May 2017, under paragraph E-LTRP.4.2A. a person applying to extend their stay after
two and a half years in the UK as a partner on the 5-year route to settlement, who met the
English language requirement in their previous application by passing an approved test at level
A1, must provide evidence as specified in paragraphs 27 to 32D of Appendix FM-SE that they
meet the requirement:
 by being a national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN.1.6.;
by passing an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A2
of the CEFR with a provider approved by the Home Office;

 by having an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or
PhD if awarded in the UK; or, if awarded outside the UK, is deemed by UK NARIC to meet
or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK,
and UK NARIC has confirmed that the degree was taught or researched in English to level
A2 of the CEFR or above; or
 by qualifying for an exemption.
(Edited to add: It's paragraph 8.4.2)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.