Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
You are correct.

So this means, the applicant will have to sign the VAF4A online application once printed and send it along with his/her documents to their spouse in the UK so the sponsor can add their documents and then send all the documents to Sheffield for processing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
so can anyone advise how this will work, what the new process will be? Does the applicant send the documents after the applicant has submitted their passport and biometrics in pakistan or before? - and is the process the same but just different in terms of who/where submission happens.

I guess this is just for pakistan?

·
Registered
465 Posts
This sounds like the sponsor will have all the supporting documents (like payslips and proof of relationship) sent off to Sheffield, while the applicant (the applicant in pakistan) will be submitting their passport to a VAC; visa application centre in their area.

I guess the passport with the visa will be returned to pakistan
and the supporting documents to the sponsor in the UK.

also, it says
"Please ensure that the GWF reference number (generated when the application is completed online) is marked clearly on both the outside of the envelope and at the top right hand corner of enclosed documents."

so make sure the sponsor and applicant both do this

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does this include any other countries? Is it only Pakistan at the moment? I will be applying for wife and she lives in Sudan?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
465 Posts
That link/article only says Pakistan, so as far as I know, no other countries that I can see.
You may want to do some searching yourself though before submitting.

Reactions: Mr Kirk

·
Registered
532 Posts
When the applicant applies online then books the biometric appointment do they havd to send the application and biometric reciept? How long will a tb test be valid for?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have done some research and I could not find any info regarding Sudan. It seems it is only Pakistan at the moment. Surely the British embassy should know if there has been changes when applying.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
465 Posts
When the applicant applies online then books the biometric appointment do they havd to send the application and biometric reciept? How long will a tb test be valid for?
I think I can kind of help with this?
I got this info from Clever-Octopus a few days back.

"When you attend your biometrics appointment, you need to bring your passport and the printout of your appointment details. You print this right from the online application under "view appointment details" and then "print appointment details" (something like that). It should be a 2-page printout with a barcode on each page that has the time/date and address of the application processing center you've chosen for your appointment. At the appointment, when they take fingerprints/photos, they will take this printout and sign/stamp it, and then you include it with your supporting documents to send to Sheffield."

Sorry Princess86, I am not sure about more information, I'm sure the only place to look for that is the UK.gov website. :) hope I helped clear a bit of understanding. Sorry if not.

Reactions: Princess86

·
Registered
275 Posts
So once the biometrics and appointment at the VAC is done, then my partner would send this all to me with his documents? Im guesiing he will need to send his biometrics receipt as well?

Many thanks for the info HatakeSage :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
So once the biometrics and appointment at the VAC is done, then my partner would send this all to me with his documents? Im guesiing he will need to send his biometrics receipt as well?

Many thanks for the info HatakeSage :)
Sure :)
If your partner is the applicant and you're just sending off his documents, then yes, also he has to put his biometric receipt/proof on top of the pile of documents when you guys send them off.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great- ofcourse once he sends me his documents i will attach mine and then send this to sheffield. I presume there will a date specified for me to submit these ensuring i fall within the required financial 28 days margin. Also can i take them in person or do i have to post them?

·
Registered
465 Posts
If you're talking about his document to get his visa, then I'm very sure you have to mail them. I don't think you can drop them off? I've never heard of anyone doing that though, so you may find it on the forum if you search it.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Great- ofcourse once he sends me his documents i will attach mine and then send this to sheffield. I presume there will a date specified for me to submit these ensuring i fall within the required financial 28 days margin. Also can i take them in person or do i have to post them?
Post them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ok great just to clear this in my head- this is how the process will work..my partner will take the following to the VAC appointment:

- signed online VAf4A form (printed off)
- Passport
-NIC card

Once he has his biometrics done and date given for supporting documents submission, he encloses his biometrics receipt, with the VAf4A form, his documents (not passport or NIC card) posts it to me... I sponsor in UK add my documents and send the whole file by post to Sheffield.

Is this how it will work?

Many thanks,

I will apply inshallah around August/Sept time for spouse visa, so i really hope i understand this new process.

·
Registered
579 Posts
ok great just to clear this in my head- this is how the process will work..my partner will take the following to the VAC appointment:

- Passport
-NIC card

Once he has his biometrics done and date given for supporting documents submission, he encloses his biometrics receipt, with the VAf4A form, his documents (not passport or NIC card) posts it to me... I sponsor in UK add my documents and send the whole file by post to Sheffield.

Many thanks,

I will apply inshallah around August/Sept time for spouse visa, so i really hope i understand this new process.
He must not forget to take the appointment confirmation paper. Without that, they won't see him. He should also keep a copy of the receipt as it may be needed as proof when he goes to collect his passport.

Reactions: Princess86

·
Registered
465 Posts

- Passport
-NIC card

Many thanks,

This confuses me a bit.
Wont he need to send his passport as well so he can get the visa in it afterwards?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.