Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I applied for UK spouse visa (online) on 24th Feb 2015 from Karachi, Pakistan. And submitted my biometrics and documents on 2nd March 2015. Its been 8 weeks since I applied but haven't heard anything from UKBA. Do you reckon I should email them and ask for an update or escalate the process?

·
Registered
579 Posts
You can do either.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, I applied for UK spouse visa (online) on 24th Feb 2015 from Karachi, Pakistan. And submitted my biometrics and documents on 2nd March 2015. Its been 8 weeks since I applied but haven't heard anything from UKBA. Do you reckon I should email them and ask for an update or escalate the process?

Hello

The UKBA website states that for settlement visa's it can take up to 12 weeks - and currently still on track.

I would personally, say no at the moment - because I myself applied in Islamabad one week after - and it is still within the timeframe given.

According to other forums, it seems they have finished the Jan batch and on the February applications/appeals. Give it time - and maybe ask for update on the 12th week(I think you will have a reply by then inshAllah)

The latest people I have seen who have a reply - are early/mid February.

The amount of applications that go through Pakistan, and the amount that get rejected/appealed - I can understand why 12 weeks is there - but it is long and hard wait.

Kopfan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.