Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from ACT a week back, they asked me to provide fund proofs again to make sure we have the funds sitting in our account which we did send 3 days back back. and here I am :)

I just got ACT sponsorship.. confirmed, letter in mail.. it feels great..

spoke to my agent, he says i should wait atleast 10 days to see DIAC's behaviour on pending applications which are non CSL state sponsored. but according to him it should not take more thn 4-6 months as our application is more thn one yr old. bless him.

But the new processing priority says nothing for state sponsored non CSLs.

according to Hindus, today is a big day, we finished 8 days fasting.. not many of u can relate to what i am talking but Indians wud be able to..

anyway, thanks for all your wishes, it is indeed a big day for me :)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
FANTASTIC

Oh Anj, at long last!

You've waited so long.......and tried different avenues to get to this point.

If anyone deserves it, you do :cheer2:

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so sweet of u dolly.. its an off here today for OH, so the day started late, i normally am on my system from 8, today i checked my mail at 10am. (its 11.30 here right now), and there the mail was.. i screamed, OH was brushing his teeth, i barged in the washroom and screamed.. he threw his toothbrush on the sink to see what the mail says :) it was dramatic hehehe

spoke to the agent (first thing he says is, Oh anj i was expecting ur call an hour back:) ) he says it shudnt tk long, wait for 10 days and then go for teh PCC and meds. according to him our application is already in teh backlog, so it shouldnt take long, lets see..

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Many Many Congratulations to u Anj. You are most deserving after such a long wait :cheer2: :cheer2:

I heard from ACT a week back, they asked me to provide fund proofs again to make sure we have the funds sitting in our account which we did send 3 days back back. and here I am :)

I just got ACT sponsorship.. confirmed, letter in mail.. it feels great..

spoke to my agent, he says i should wait atleast 10 days to see DIAC's behaviour on pending applications which are non CSL state sponsored. but according to him it should not take more thn 4-6 months as our application is more thn one yr old. bless him.

But the new processing priority says nothing for state sponsored non CSLs.

according to Hindus, today is a big day, we finished 8 days fasting.. not many of u can relate to what i am talking but Indians wud be able to..

anyway, thanks for all your wishes, it is indeed a big day for me :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks amaslam.. still long way to go but atleast now i know it wont take time till 2012. but this new priority actually gives a clearer picture unlike the previous one. atleast people now know they have to wait for 2-3 yrs for teh visa, but in our case it still is uncertain :)

wait a few months and my questions will start in the forum :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks royen, to u too.

i need to speak to u in detail about the linkedin thing.. :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Happy vijay dashmi and a big congratulations to you ... you guys have waited for it so long and what a day to get it..!

I am sure this will definately add extra joy in your festive celebration..

Good Luck.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi Mr.India, yes sure it is big for us. thanks for the luck, i can use it :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
hi Mr.India, yes sure it is big for us. thanks for the luck, i can use it :)
Don't forget to share some (luck) with Indian Cricket team.. he he he :) Which team you will cheer for India or Australia..?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats a tricky one... ummm India.. no no australia.. hehe.. both,, that makes it a draw :p

·
Registered
541 Posts
Anj...............
Personally a Big news to me.
Any way Diac has put you in a special catagory.
Regards
Hari999999

........................................................................................................................
Agent applied April 2007
TRA Positive September 2007
IELTS Pased January 2008
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Received File no: November 2008
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Waiting for Visa.????

·
Registered
190 Posts
ok, i already said thi in the other thread, but oh well, i will do it again here as well. congrats, anj. i guess being positive pays off in reality, so maybe i will try that route. :party: :cheer2: :party:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:p
amaslam for that i have to start a family soon and put the cricket bug in them.. but yeah me and OH both are cricket and music freaks :p and hope they get it from us haha

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks tilla.. it was everyones wishes that worked for me :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks hari, hope things move faster thn they hv been so far :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS ANJ! This is awesome and yes, you deserved this wonderful piece of luck. So I am still looking forward to sipping white wine with you in Canberra on your/my porch:) anytime soon... All the best for the next hurdle.. now I am sure things will move fast enough

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aurita, you were with me through this :) we had to make it together, after all, its the fine wine we are talking about here :p.. jus a wee bit time more..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts