Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have gone through old links for my question, but was very old and could not find any threads for recent updates in submission of EOI.

Need clarification on following case:

I filed my ACS in the Month of March-2016 for Developer Programmer (ANZCODE 261312) and I received positive result letter on 22-March-2016.

I have 1 year(from Apr 2015 to Apr 2016) Australian experience which would give me 5 points. But since i filed my ACS bit earlier (in March-2016) they considered only 10 months(May 2015 to Feb 2016) of Australian experience.

Now I am planning to submit my EOI for 60 points including my 1 year Australian experience.

My question is
Do I need to apply my ACS again in order to be considered the latest Australian experience till date.

OR
Can I submit my EOI claiming my latest experience (after ACS date) to till date.

NOTE: I am with the same employer, but my designation is changed from Senior Software engineer to Technology Lead which would still fall under same occupation.

Appreciate Help!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

I have gone through old links for my question, but was very old and could not find any threads for recent updates in submission of EOI.

I filed my ACS in the Month of March-2016 for Developer Programmer (ANZCODE 261312) and I received positive result letter on 22-March-2016.

I have 1 year(from Apr 2015 to Apr 2016) Australian experience which would give me 5 points. But since i filed my ACS bit earlier (in March-2016) they considered only 10 months(May 2015 to Feb 2016) of Australian experience.

Now I am planning to submit my EOI for 60 points including my 1 year Australian experience.

My question is
Do I need to apply my ACS again in order to be considered the latest Australian experience till date.

OR
Can I submit my EOI claiming my latest experience (after ACS date) to till date.

NOTE: I am with the same employer, but my designation is changed from Senior Software engineer to Technology Lead which would still fall under same occupation.

Appreciate Help!!!
Hi,
I too am in a similar situation and haven't been able to get a proper solution to this. I have a small query, Have they mentioned 10 months of australia work experience in the ACS result?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I too am in a similar situation and haven't been able to get a proper solution to this. I have a small query, Have they mentioned 10 months of australia work experience in the ACS result?
Hi,
Yes, they mentioned 10 months Australia work experience in my ACS result.
Please let me know if you are able to find the answer for my questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have the same question. When I applied ACS for the first time I had 1 year AU experience. Then I covered 3years in AU this year. When I renewed my EOI, it automatically added another 10 points. Does this mean I do not have to re-apply for ACS letter with additional 2 years of AU experience?

Anyone knowing the answer, please respond.

Cheers!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Hi All,

My question is

OR

Appreciate Help!!!
The answer to your question depends on how cautious or adventurous you are

To continue to claim points beyond ACS assessment results :

Bulletproof case
Get your self reassessed

Very little or negligible risk
You can continue to claim points for your experience beyond the ACS assessment date, provided you work for the same company, job, designation, location and RNR.
If any one of the parameters change, you have to stop claiming points on that date
You should also be in a position to get a reference letter from the company confirming that nothing changed in respect to all the above points since the last assessment

Adventurous
Keep claiming points with impunity as long as you are working in the same company or similar job

Cheers

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have the same question. When I applied ACS for the first time I had 1 year AU experience. Then I covered 3years in AU this year. When I renewed my EOI, it automatically added another 10 points. Does this mean I do not have to re-apply for ACS letter with additional 2 years of AU experience?

Anyone knowing the answer, please respond.

Cheers!
The Skillselect does not decide whether you are eligible to claim points or not for additional experience
You have to take that decision

If you leave the TO date blank, and have marked the experience as RELEVANT, it will keep giving you points for experience, irrespective of whether you are eligible or not

So,if you have overclaimed points, you cannot take the plea that it’s a system decision

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts