Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys if you any one who applied 489 Family Sponsored Visa on June and got their visa granted please update here

·
Registered
476 Posts
guys if you any one who applied 489 Family Sponsored Visa on June and got their visa granted please update here
any grants ???????

Reactions: john123456

·
Registered
222 Posts
dear all, i applied in April and finished medical in June but no response yet. i am 489FS
Does Kenya come under high risk countries, where extra security checks take place ?

That maybe the reason for your delay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks mjamal14, i went through various sites to find high risk countries list but couldn't find one stating them. i took the e-health assessment earlier and informed everything is fine. and if detailed character assessment is required, how long may it take whatever procedure is followed? your support is really appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
thanks mjamal14, i went through various sites to find high risk countries list but couldn't find one stating them. i took the e-health assessment earlier and informed everything is fine. and if detailed character assessment is required, how long may it take whatever procedure is followed? your support is really appreciated. thanks
It may take 8-9 months or even more than a year.Follow the threads on applicants from Pakistan and Bangladesh for more details

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks mjamal14. actually the news is very horrible and has point. but while lodging my application, i never came across with such information. i just read average processing time for 489FS is 6 months.
and because i get C/O assigned within 4 weeks instead of the average 8 months, i thought i will recieve my grant with maximum 4/5 months. but now it is in the lapse of 7th month.
by the way, from which date the time you mention starts counting?
regards

G

·
thanks mjamal14. actually the news is very horrible and has point. but while lodging my application, i never came across with such information. i just read average processing time for 489FS is 6 months.
and because i get C/O assigned within 4 weeks instead of the average 8 months, i thought i will recieve my grant with maximum 4/5 months. but now it is in the lapse of 7th month.
by the way, from which date the time you mention starts counting?
regards
The client service charter I linked to shows family sponsored being 12 months. It is state sponsored that is 6 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The client service charter I linked to shows family sponsored being 12 months. It is state sponsored that is 6 months.
thanks sir, it is a hard fact i should get convinced by. but i see in various timelines FS applicants getting their grant faster than even 3/4 months sometimes. don't you think there is a way 489FS applicants get their golden grant with shorter time span than 12?

G

·
Its possible but the more people that apply the more work the CO have so the longer it takes to grant. I would assume 12 months then if it is granted earlier it will be a lovely surprise for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its possible but the more people that apply the more work the CO have so the longer it takes to grant. I would assume 12 months then if it is granted earlier it will be a lovely surprise for you.
you are right, i appriciate your help and optimism. if you are also in the same trend, i wish you too faster grant. regards

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
489 Family Sponsored Visa grant time line

please update 489 Family Sponsored Visa grant date of application and grant date

·
Registered
476 Posts
i saw thin in another forum. what can you say for this. is this true there is no hope for 489FS category under golden 6 occupations.

Thank you for your enquiry through our Global Feedback Unit.

We are receiving a high number of Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the occupation group 2613 – Applications and Software Programmers. To ensure that invitations are available for this occupation group, alternative arrangements have been implemented. The invitations available for each invitation round are issued to subclass 189 – skilled independent first, then should any invitations remain they are issued to subclass 489 – skilled regional (provisional).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have applied for 489FS in july. Still no grant :(
Hi a47

i have also applied 489FS in july 20 and got CO: September 18
requested for form 80 no reply since then i submitted all docks and medicals
in july

whats your time line :playball:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi John123456,

I have applied on 10th July. CO allocated 19th August. Docs and meds submitted 3rd September.

Regards

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi John123456,

I have applied on 10th July. CO allocated 19th August. Docs and meds submitted 3rd September.

Regards
thanks 47 for update there are less number of 489fs visa applicants lets share here if any updates

do u know any one 489fs visa got granted who applied in June or July

thanks
john

1 - 20 of 96 Posts