Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

My name is Neil and I am a UK born national living in London. I married my Kenyan girlfriend on 4 April 2015 in Tanzania. We have been in a relationship for 2 years 10 months and have visited each other every 4 months since mid 2012 (hers supported by a UK visitor visa in 2013).

Our checklist of documents for a prospective spouse visa app is close to finalised, however I have a question regarding change of circumstances while a spouse visa application is in process.

I submitted notice to my employer on 22 February as I am starting a new job at Ofcom on 27 May, and I need to serve 3 months notice per the terms of my contract.

My original plan was for my wife to submit the visa application in early May as the application focuses on my current employment status (rather than future employment). I’ve now got reservations about proceeding in case UKVI contact my current employer after I've left and the change results in rejection of my wife’s application. I’m weighing up potential options, including:

• Proceeding with an application (category A financial requirement) in early May and including additional information informing of my change of employment on May 27th (include signed contract and signed letter from Ofcom specifying terms of my employment). Reservation I have here is that UKVI say that after 27 May the terms of the application are no longer valid and reject.

• Wait until after I start my new job and apply under category B financial requirement (with current employer for less than 6 months). Reservation I have here is although I can provide all the necessary payslip and letters info for the past 12 months, does a relatively new position negatively impact the application? An example is that my Ofcom contract states a 6 month probation period.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the positives and negatives of the above courses of action, or a more appropriate course of action.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Apply under Cat B. It's a bit dodgy under Cat A, and we recommend you don't change jobs or job status until visa is issued. No need to worry about starting a new job and applying soon after. Probation period is normal and has no effect on visa application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.