Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anybody know were I can find information about being exempt from the financial requirement. I cannot find the information on the gov.uk website.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you For your reply.
I'm a bit confused about : quote "The applicant will not need to meet the minimum income threshold. Instead, the
applicant is required to demonstrate that they will be adequately maintained without
recourse to public funds. The relevant guidance is set out in IDI Chapter 8 section 1.7a."
The part were it says maintained without recourse to public funds does that mean that my income support and child benefit will not be taken into account?
And how do I get to Chapter 8 section 1.7a?

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
No. All the benefits you get can go towards meeting the maintenance requirement. You just cannot have third-party support (e.g. monetary help from parents, though they can offer you free accommodation etc) and of course your partner isn't eligible for public funds. You require £114.85 left each week after paying for rent or mortgage and council tax, more if you have children.
For maintenance, see https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._and_accommodation_Appendix_FM_Annex_1.7A.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.