Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, just an update to everyone, after many weeks nervous and finally got the visa!!!! Yeah!!! Really thanks everyone who helping me out and especially thanks for AnAmericanInScotland & Joppa!!

Just 1 thing, the letter saying that I will have the biometric residence permit card in 7 days and this card replaces the vignette (or sticker) and ink stamps previosuly placed in the passports. So I couldnt find anything on my passport.

Does it mean that I need to carry this card at all times?

Also, for the Life in the UK test, can I assume I can do anytime right now and it is no expiry on the test? Then I can submit together on the 23rd months to apply the ILR?

many thanks xxx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, can not help, but i am in the waiting period. Just want to know how long did it takes you? From send off everything till getting ur visa? And where r u applying from?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi daly, sorry i also cannot help you too. Coz my one was premium service but it was due to the technical system issue and they are not able to make the decision on the same day. I was applied with the PEO Croydon and took me a week to know the result.

Good Luck xxx

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hiya, just an update to everyone, after many weeks nervous and finally got the visa!!!! Yeah!!! Really thanks everyone who helping me out and especially thanks for AnAmericanInScotland & Joppa!!

Just 1 thing, the letter saying that I will have the biometric residence permit card in 7 days and this card replaces the vignette (or sticker) and ink stamps previosuly placed in the passports. So I couldnt find anything on my passport.

Does it mean that I need to carry this card at all times?

Also, for the Life in the UK test, can I assume I can do anytime right now and it is no expiry on the test? Then I can submit together on the 23rd months to apply the ILR?

many thanks xxx
WooHoo, this is great news, congratulations, Angelng929, now you can take a deep breath and relax a little:)

Yes, carry the card all of the time; I think you can take the KOL test anytime now but make sure to keep the pass notice letter safe until time to submit it with your application and documents for the ILR.

Make sure, too, that you apply for the ILR at the right time. It's hard to calculate the timing on that one, hopefully someone will post in on exactly how to figure the timing.

This really is great news, you must be so relieved!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Daly: I believe the wait for a non-Premium application is around 12 weeks. We're going to use the Premium service (in three weeks' time) and so we had the same questions as Angelng929. :D I've read that ILR must be applied for within the 28-day period of the expiry of your FLR(M) or Spouse visa.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
You can take the Life in the UK test at any time. The results do not expire but as AMIS said, keep the pass certificate in a safe place because it cannot be reissued if lost.

I've read that ILR must be applied for within the 28-day period of the expiry of your FLR(M) or Spouse visa.
You can apply for ILR no sooner than 28 days before you have resided in the in the UK for 2 years on a settlement visa.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You can apply for ILR no sooner than 28 days before you have resided in the in the UK for 2 years on a settlement visa.
Ohhh - does this include the fiancée visa too? (ie does the period in the UK on fiancée visa also count to the two years?) Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
Ohhh - does this include the fiancée visa too? (ie does the period in the UK on fiancée visa also count to the two years?) Thanks in advance.
I don't believe a fiance visa is considered a settlement visa, so no.

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
2farapart said:
While a fiance(e) visa is technically a settlement visa (because it can eventually lead to settlement), you need to have lived two years' probationary period on FLR as spouse, so anything you spend on fiancee visa doesn't count.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.