Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I moved to my bf's place 2 years ago and we wanted to apply for the unmarried visa. The problem is i myself only have the tenancy agreement as i didn't change my bank address at the moment i moved in to my bf's place.
He got all the letters and i only have the tenancy agreement. Bills in our flat are all inclusive in our rent payments. Is there anything else i need to prove? Such as letters, photos when we travel to my home country, our holidays and letters from old flatmates saying we lived in one house before? That does work for unmarried visa application? Please help me thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is the tenancy agreement the only thing you have to show that you have lived at that address for past two years? What about letters/P60 forms from HMRC or any other gov't agency? Correspondence from GP? Letters from the bank once you changed your address?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, i threw some of the letters + i changed my bills to paperless. I didn't work because i am on student visa.
So what I got is my tenancy agreement and my letters dated first quarter of 2014 until now.
We have photos during our holidays and the tenancy agreement shows that i lived here with him. Is it not still enough?
Does barclays allow to request old statements dated 2 years ago?

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Call Barclays and ask them. You need to prove that at you have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least 2 years. Trips together don't prove that. You each need a selection af post at the same address from official sources over the past 2 years. Things addressed jointly are best. A few photos together are helpful to prove you are in a relationship but they don't prove that you live together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We dont have joint accounts. :(
We have separate letters confirming that we lived on one roof. We have loads of ocado/waitrose delivery receipt over the years though lol
But yes seriously, What if we only have tenancy agreement, few letters, our trips to asian and europe, and letter from my landlady that we shared on one roof? because we rented two rooms in her place.

With my bf's work and salary there will be no issue because he exceed that salary expectation.

Anyone tried premier application in Croydon? How did it go?

Thank you xx

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Your Ocado and Waitrose deliveries aren't going to carry any weight nor are your trips together nor is a letter from your landlady which is subjective. You need letters from official sources like HMRC, banks, utilities, NHS at he same address.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You said you have some bills that are paperless. Depending on what these bills are, could you contact them and see if they will post you paper copies?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, yes... I am going to the bank later. i hope they will give me those letters i want.

I dont have gp letters with me.

if they will give me those letters i only have:
* Tenancy agreement
* bank letters (hopefully)
* some letters within 2 years living with my bf
*holiday photos to Asia with my bf and my family
*his employment letter, p60, gp
And what else?

is it enough? Or i need more?

Thanks for your time guys xx

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
What do you mean by:

* some letters within 2 years living with my bf

You should have at least 6 pieces of evidence each spread out over the past 2 years showing that you live at the same address.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We dont have joint accouWnts. :(
We have separate letters confirming that we lived on one roof. We have loads of ocado/waitrose delivery receipt over the years though lol
But yes seriously, What if we only have tenancy agreement, few letters, our trips to asian and europe, and letter from my landlady that we shared on one roof? because we rented two rooms in her place.
Do I understand correctly that you and your partner rented separate rooms from your landlady as part of a house share during the past two years?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we will proceed to
Tier 2 dependent visa.

Some letters like from my past university, cellphone bills from O2.

What form shall i use for this application?

PBS DEPENDENT?

Thanks x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already ask bills statements from my phone company and i need to talk to barclays later.

Another question:

If i will apply separetly from my bf, do i need to show i have maintenance funds in my bank? Or no need?

Do you have any idea about it?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lorelli, its a big house and we rented 2 connected rooms with toilet. So one room is for sleeping and one if for our clothes and used as our storage.

Our landlady lives in the top floor with her own kitchen and living room.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I asked because the way the two rooms have been rented to you both could affect your ability to evidence the cohabitation requirement. For example, if you rented one room under your name and your partner rented the other room under his/her name, it would be difficult to prove how you meet the cohabitation requirement. On paper it would look like two separate rentals as part of a house share.
From your latest description though, it sounds like you have rented two rooms within one house as part of one tenancy agreement, with the understanding that you share the quarters as a couple.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.