Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need to apply for the un-married visa for the UK and need some help asap.

I am currently sponsored by my employer and this expires soon. My British girlfriend and have lived together for a while but recently lived with friends for a few months between living in our own place.

My understanding is that the requirement for the visa is 2 years of living together. Will the 3 months living with friends (we were not on the tenancy) impact my application???

Our recent movements are:
- we have previous tenancy agreement for a 1-bed flat that we lived at for 2 years.
- 3 months with friends
- now live (2 months and ongoing) in a 1 bed-flat where we again share the tenancy agreement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Hi,

I need to apply for the un-married visa for the UK and need some help asap.

I am currently sponsored by my employer and this expires soon. My British girlfriend and have lived together for a while but recently lived with friends for a few months between living in our own place.

My understanding is that the requirement for the visa is 2 years of living together. Will the 3 months living with friends (we were not on the tenancy) impact my application???

Our recent movements are:
- we have previous tenancy agreement for a 1-bed flat that we lived at for 2 years.
- 3 months with friends
- now live (2 months and ongoing) in a 1 bed-flat where we again share the tenancy agreement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Provided you have evidence for 2 years of cohabitation, not necessarily continuously, you are fine, provided you can account for your time apart, such as work, study or visa restriction. They may question your commitment to each other if you lived apart because you temporarily split up. Evidence to show you were still in relationship includes record of communication (email, text, skype, letters etc), trips taken together with travel tickets, photos and hotel receipts etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Provided you have evidence for 2 years of cohabitation, not necessarily continuously, you are fine, provided you can account for your time apart, such as work, study or visa restriction. They may question your commitment to each other if you lived apart because you temporarily split up. Evidence to show you were still in relationship includes record of communication (email, text, skype, letters etc), trips taken together with travel tickets, photos and hotel receipts etc.
Thank you for the prompt reply. It sounds like we should be ok as we didn't split up for the 3 months we lived with friends. We both lived at the same address for that time - we just wern't on tenancy agreement as we were short term. We had our individual bank statements etc sent to there also.

should we/do we need to provide communication anyway? It would be easy to provide this.

Also, is the apllication straigh forward? I am not keen on using an agent if I do not need to.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Thank you for the prompt reply. It sounds like we should be ok as we didn't split up for the 3 months we lived with friends. We both lived at the same address for that time - we just wern't on tenancy agreement as we were short term. We had our individual bank statements etc sent to there also.
That's good. Letters addressed to either of you but to the same address are evidence of cohabitation.

should we/do we need to provide communication anyway? It would be easy to provide this.
Can't do any harm. Keep it brief.

Also, is the apllication straigh forward? I am not keen on using an agent if I do not need to.
Provided you follow the procedure carefully, no, it shouldn't be too demanding. No need to pay for an agent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.