Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your friend does have to go home she should know that airtravel is not recommended in the last trimester of pregnancy.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I hope she doesn't wait that long. Might be a bit obvious at that stage :preggers:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi

The original passport is needed for the medical and then they will automaticaly stamp the visa that is why they need the passport.

Your friend should be ok with the medical, either they will ask if there is a chance she is pregnant or maybe just dont give her an xray. Either way she does not need to worry about the medical they dont know her marital status and dont care.

However if your friend developes any medical condition pregnancy related the hospital will call the police and she will go to jail. Some european doctors may turn a blind eye.

If she delivers here she will go to jail. If she plans to keep the baby she really needs to leave the country as soon as possible or risk lashes and a jail term.

Hope this helps

A friend of mine has just recently found out that she is pregnant. She has just got a job and is due to go for a medical test to get uae residency. Do you know if it is a requirement to get a pregnancy test done in that test as I know they test hiv and tb I think? To make it worse, she is unmarried!

What to do, as she is panicking! She has given in her passport to the PRO and medical test is due next week, will she get her passport back to go for the medical test in case she needs to exit the country for fear of jail!

Please help .....

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

I am sorry that your friend finds herself in this situation. An unplanned pregnancy can be stressful enough without worrying about losing your job, potential jail time, and deportation. I hope that in all of this, she is finding good support from those like you who care for her. I agree with the above. I only offer my opinion because I JUST went through all of this. The only time they asked about pregnancy was when I went for the Xray and it really was just because xrays are harmful to the fetus. In any case though, it's not like pregnancy is something that she can hide for very long. Her employer can be understanding of her departure- family emergency, not what she expected, whatever the reason but she will need pre-natal care at some point and that seems rather difficult in this country if one is not married.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The medical test includes an X-Ray and she will be asked to confirm she is not pregnant. She cannot have an x-ray if she is pregnant as it may damage the baby. She cannot complete the medical for her residency.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Medical test in Dubai

Please read this its quite helpful. You don't have a lot to worry.

The pregnancy test is done only for 3 categories. I haven't gone through the whole thread so please ignore if this was already shared.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Hi there,

A friend of mine has just recently found out that she is pregnant. She has just got a job and is due to go for a medical test to get uae residency. Do you know if it is a requirement to get a pregnancy test done in that test as I know they test hiv and tb I think? To make it worse, she is unmarried!

What to do, as she is panicking! She has given in her passport to the PRO and medical test is due next week, will she get her passport back to go for the medical test in case she needs to exit the country for fear of jail!

Please help .....

Thanks
Hi there, maybe you can give us an update of what your friend ended up doing and how she is managing? Would be useful for people who find themselves in this situation.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.