Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there everyone. My names Lauren. I am desperately looking for advice in regards to a visa!

I met my UK boyfriend in the UK in 2009 while on a holiday/working visa. we started dating in May 2009. At the end of the year I returned back to South Africa and he came with me to meet my family and friends and to see what South Africa was like. He then decided he liked it and wanted to be with me while I completed me degree in South Africa.

We lived together in South Africa from March 2010 to January 2013. I finished my degree and we decided that we wanted to move back to UK on a permanent basis. So my boyfriend returned home to England to get a job. WE then applied for the settlement / unmarried partner visa. we didn't know that my boyfriend had to be working for 6 months to meet the financial requirement before we applied. so they DECLINED our visa on ONLY that and said we should apply again in 6 months.

Not wanting to be without him I got a UK family / unmarried partner visitor visa which they granted me and I have been living with him for the last 6 months

We thought I would go home in October and re apply for the same visa, but now he has changed jobs. I found out that I will not be able to apply now as we will have to wait another 6 months to make sure we pass the financial requirement area.

but now my problem is :

if I go home in October I will only be able to reapply in MARCH/APRIL next year. during that time I will be in South Africa and my boyfriend will be in the UK.

WILL THIS COUNT AGAINST US in the fact that the UK border agency states that you have to be living together for two years when you apply. Because obviously we will be apart! will they decline me this time on this fact?

I really need some advise on what I should do. I am sick with worry and at a dead end of what I need to do! all I want to do is be with my boyfriend here in the UK :(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.