Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a few questions regarding the unmarried partner visa for the UK.

I am currently living and working in the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa from Australia (visa started 1st August 2015 and ends 1st August 2017). I am applying for an unmarried partner visa from Sydney Australia on the 3rd of August. My partner and I started living together on the day I moved to London and have lived together since then. I am working as freelance but in a full-time role with a monthly rolling contract (non-salaried). My role is supporting an on-going project that has no end date. My gross income alone exceeds the £18,600 financial requirement.

The Appendix FM Section 1.7 states that..

3.1.3. All employment or self-employment income must come from working legally. All income and savings must be lawfully derived. Where an application relies on the earnings of the applicant, they must be in the UK with permission to work and their hours of work must
not exceed any limit specified in their conditions of leave. Earnings from employment
undertaken by the applicant when they did not have leave to enter or remain and
permission to work (excluding those whose leave has expired within 28 days of the
current application) cannot be included.

1. I want to make sure this means that because I am applying for my new unmarried partner visa within 28 days of my Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa ending, I am allowed to solely rely on my income alone (and not my partner) for my application, even though my job is in the UK and I am applying from Sydney?
2. If this is the case, please could I get some clarity around the supporting documentation needed for my partner? Does he need to include any financial documents to prove that he too is working but that I don’t need to reply on his income for the application?

Do you see anything that is missing from this list? (This excludes documentation for proof of relationship as I will need to include bank statements for proof of addresses etc.)
· Sponsor letter
· sponsor passport
· Sponsor birth certificate
· Sponsor proof of accommodation
· Sponsor passport photos
· Sponsorship undertaking form

Thanks so much in advance!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Not open for further replies.