Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unmarried Partner Visa UK - Passport/Accom Questions

747 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Joppa 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a few questions i was hoping someone could help with. I am a British Citizen and my partner is a US Citizen, we moved over to Australia together August 2015 and have lived here ever since.

1) When sending the documents do we need to send her's and mine physical passport or can we both send photocopies?

2) We signed our first joint lease together 16th Sept 2015 and lived in airbnb the month before that but heard that temp accom didnt count. Already submitted the visa online part in August but we were going to wait to do the bio-metrics part on the 19th Sept and get a print out of our joint bank statement from our bank on the 18th Sept stamped and dated by them to prove exactly 2 years living together in the documents (from the time we signed our first joint lease to the latest bank statement). Do you think this is ok that we meet the requirement by exactly 2 years and a couple of days?

3) We have signed 3 joint leases in the last 2 years as we lived in a number places in Australia. All the leases have the bond agreement letters from the government and are the originals but i read on a few of these posts that people also get letters from the estate agents aswel to prove this. Is this necessary, i thought the lease and government bond agreements would be enough or should i contact the old estate agents?

4) we have had a joint Bank Account for nearly 3 years, joint private health cover for 2 years, joint lease agreements for 2 years and joint utility bills. My Partner is also defacto on my Australian visa so is it worth adding this to the documents or will they ignore that for her?

Thanks to anyone who can help in these questions, we really appreciate the help.

Thanks
Dan

See less See more
#2 ·
#1 Visa applicant must send original passport, as vignette will be placed in it. Sponsor's UK passport can just be a copy. Some visa application centres can do pass back, handing passport back after making a copy, and asking you to resubmit when vignette is issued, for extra fee.
#2 Yes.
#3 No. Don't need them.
#4 Useful to add, but won't be conclusive evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.