1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I really need some advice/comments on my situation. To summarize:
1.) My Boyfriend and I are both Canadian Citizens
2.) My boyfriend is also a British Citizen (has a passport by descent as his dad was born in the UK).
3.) We lived together in Canada from June2013 until October2015
4.) On 31Oct2015 we both moved to the UK for work (my boyfriend as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Edinburgh, and me in Clinical Research). He came with his British Passport and I came to the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa.
5.) We moved into a flat together as soon as we arrived to the UK and have been living together ever since. Therefore we have been living together for just over 4 years.
6.) My visa expires on 31October2017, however we would both love to stay in the UK longer due to our jobs.
7.) I therefore have been looking into applying for the unmarried partner visa. This is where my problem is:

Although we have been living together for 4 years, I do not have any proof of our time living together in Canada. All letters in the post were addressed to only my boyfriend, as my letters were sent to my parents address. We only have official documents to proof we were living together since we came to the UK (the first document I could find was a letter sent to me regarding my NIH number from 06Nov2015). Therefore, if I were to apply in September of 2017, I would only have enough documents to cover 1 year and 10 months. So my Question is this: If I were to get a letter from my landlord stating that we lived together from June2013 until Oct2015 at the specific address in Canada and have this notarized by a lawyer, can this count as my first piece of evidence that we lived together so we can have enough documentation to spread over a >2 year period.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, try to get as many pieces of evidence as possible for your time together in Canada. But since we are only talking about a couple of months, don't go overboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.