Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I need some advice with regards to our application for a unmarried partner visa.
My fiance and I applied last august and in november received the request for biometrics. We assumed the application would take less than 6 months but now realise it may take much (much!) longer. We have planned the wedding for april and can not change the date due to financial issues. We therefore will have to request our passports back from the ukba. so...
My questions are,

1. If we explain that our flights are booked for the 27th of march, will we get the passports in time. i.e. before the 27th march. But also without overstaying? (how long will my fiance have to leave the coubtry once the passports are returned.

2. How will it look when we later apply for a marriage visa from her country (south korea). Will it effect our chances of a successful application?

Please, any help would much appreciated.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Hello. I need some advice with regards to our application for a unmarried partner visa.
My fiance and I applied last august and in november received the request for biometrics. We assumed the application would take less than 6 months but now realise it may take much (much!) longer. We have planned the wedding for april and can not change the date due to financial issues. We therefore will have to request our passports back from the ukba. so...
My questions are,

1. If we explain that our flights are booked for the 27th of march, will we get the passports in time. i.e. before the 27th March. But also without overstaying? (how long will my fiance have to leave the country once the passports are returned.
It takes up to 2 weeks to get your passport back. Once it's retuned, and her visa has expired, shw has a reasonable time to leave the country, maybe a few weeks, but nothing is set in stone. But leave she must, or else she may be arrested and forcibly removed.

2. How will it look when we later apply for a marriage visa from her country (south korea). Will it effect our chances of a successful application?
That's fine. You stand an equal chance of success, and it shouldn't take too long, certainly within 6 months, more like 2-3 months?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.