Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been reading up on the unmarried partner visa ins and outs for months now attempting to get my head around it all and have decided to seek some answers to my questions here.

My partner (Australian) is currently in the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa, we have been living together since he arrived 2nd December 2013 and are looking to switch to the unmarried partner visa. At this point in time when he first arrived we weren't even considering the possibility of him staying here longer but out situation changed recently and now we both need to be here for at least another year or two before looking to go back to Australia.

Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot of evidence that we lived together from as soon as he arrived to our first property, all the bills were online, mostly in my name and we have since moved and changed providers therefore cannot get access to them. A lot of my bank statements were registered at my parents address as I was living away from home as a student so we put most of his statements as my parents address also. Would is be possible to use these as evidence and submit a note explaining the discrepancy? Maybe stat decs from my parents explaining the situation, that they allowed him to use their address as a postal while we got settled in Edinburgh?

The only evidence of proof of address at our previous flat is on pay slips, the first job he had when he arrived has our old address on them. In lieu of bank statements, council tax etc do you think the pay slips could be an acceptable form of proof of address?

Also, his current visa expires on the 2nd December 2015, how much leniency is there for the application, for example we would have to apply the week before his visa expires to get anywhere close to being able to say we have lived together for 2 years.

All answers would be very much appreciated as I've been struggling to find any clear ones for months now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumped! Really in need of answers to some of these questions as have found no alternative/good immigration advice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
We applied in person about a week before my partner's Tier 5 visa expired so were jsut over a week short of living together two years and it wasn't an issue - we explained this in a cover letter.
You may have some trouble with proving living together though as I think they are quite strict on this. If you dont have joint utilities or bank accounts you can have all individual documents so long as for each of you they are at the same address. Did you live together in Aus before moving to the UK? If you have letters from then and then a few spread out over the two years in the UK it might help, but I'm not sure if it will be enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We don't have anything from Australia.

From the previous address we lived at we have a HANFUL of things, his national insurance number was delivered there, p45 with the address on it and then just his wage slips. We posted everything to my parents as we knew we would be moving out soon and wanted to keep everything safe. I was thinking of including the stuff sent to my parents and explaining the discrepancy.

We have more than enough stuff to prove we've been living together for one the previous year in our new address.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just include what you do have at that address and I guess you could try sending in the stuff you sent to your parents and explain why in the cover letter that was the case. Not sure if they'll accept it though.. maybe someone else has tried that?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have more than enough from the current address
Joint Bank Account and Statements
Joint Lease
Utility bills - in my name
Council Tax - in his name
Joint Home insurance etc

It's just from that first year, not even a full year just 6 months worth, we forwarded to my parents cause we knew we would be moving out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.