Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have read through many threads regarding similar issues but haven’t found any that specifically cover my question, thanks in advance for reading.
I’m in the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa and want to apply for an Unmarried Partner visa. My current visa is from Aug 2013 to Aug 2015, I have been living with my partner ever since.
I’m having problem with proving cohabitation, for the first six months I was living in his flat but only he was on the tenancy agreement, also the landlord refuses to write a letter since this was an informal agreement. Here is the proof we do have for these six months:

Applicant
- NIN Letter – Sept 2014
- NHS Letter – Aug 2014
- Payslips – Oct 2014
- O2 Mobile bill – Sept through January
- Bank letter – Aug 2014
Sponsor
- Tenancy agreement – Aug through January
- Council Tax – Aug through January
- Payslips - Aug through January
- Mobile Bill - Aug through January
For the remaining year and a half we have joint tenancy agreement, joint council tax, joint utility bills.
Any guidance would greatly help, I didn’t know about the proof to give when I first came to the UK and I’m worried it won’t be enough…

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It has been suggested in other posts that you need something for each three month span in the 2 year cohabitation period. You need either one item with your both your names or one from each of you with your name on it. The item total is supposed to be 6 jointly addressed or 12 singly addressed.

Avoid things like mobile phone bills as they are not associated with an address (they could be posted anywhere). You may well have enough with what you have listed.

EDIT: Having now read Nyclon's response, what six month time frame are you trying to cover?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I think I wasn't clear in my original post.
For the first 6 months we cohabited together (from August 2013 to January 2014), I do not have my name on either council tax, utility bills or tenancy agreement and can't get a letter from the landlord.
For these months I do have:
- NIN letter
- NHS letter
- Payslips
- Bank Letter
My Partner (sponsor) has:
- Council Tax
- Tenancy Agreement
- Gaz Bill
- Internet Bill
- Bank Letter

For the remaining time (January 2014 to August 2015) we have :
Joint :
- Tenancy agreement
- Council tax
- Gaz/Water bill
- Internet Bill
Me :
- Bank Letter
- NHS Letter (change of address)
- Pay slips
Him :
- Bank Letter
- NHS Letter
- Pay slips.

I am not worried for the Jan 2014 to Aug 2015 period, I am only worried for the first six first months as I don't have either council tax, tenancy agreement or bills/utilities with my name on them...

Thank you!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.