Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am currently in the midst of collating all of the evidence to apply for my unmarried partner visa and was hoping for some advice.

Currently I am in the UK on a Tier 2 General Migrant visa, which expires in September. I have been told that I can switch into the unmarried partner visa category, as my partner and I have been living together for nearly 3 years, and this seems ideal for us.

My questions

1) Is the FLR(M) form the one I need to be using?

2) Evidence of 2 year relationship requirement: My partner owns the flat we live in and I have never had a lease or anything 'official' like that. However, I do have nearly 3 years worth of bank statements, NHS letters, letters from HM Revenue & Customs, letters from the local borough council, etc. that show I have been living at this address. My boyfriend pays all of the bills (water, phone, etc.) and so he has the required amount of documents in his name as well.

What I am wondering is if it will be a problem that we don't have any items in joint names? We each have well over the 6 required each (12 in total are required from what I understand) from 3 different sources, will it be a problem that he is the one with all of the 'household bills?' In total we have between 4-6 items each from each year we have lived together from at least 5 different sources. Should I include all of this, or just limit it to what's actually required?

Secondly, even though I am not named on it, should I include a copy of his mortgage agreement for the flat to show that he owns it/ a letter explaining that I have lived their with him since 2012?

I have also prepared about 15 photos that show our relationship over this period including photographs of vacations, visits to my family in Canada, visits to his family in Scotland, etc.

Will this be sufficient, do you think? Should I also include things like booking confirmations from shared holidays, or photographs of our flat, as I have read about some people doing? or is this unnecessary?

3) Financial requirement: based on my salary alone, I meet the financial requirement. I have payslips and bank statements for the past year to support this, as well as a letter from my place of employment stating my position, salary and verifying that the payslips are genuine. Do I need anything else? And, because I meet the financial requirement on my own, do I need to include my partner's financials as well, or can this be left out?

4) Covering Letter: I have read that some people who have applied for this visa in the past have included a covering letter. Should I do this as well, and what should be included in this? For instance, would it be worth explaining that my partner takes care of the household expenses, etc. and that I transfer him money to help pay for these things?

Sorry for all of the questions! I am just becoming more and more aware of what an undertaking this all is and want to make sure I am all sorted out before applying.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
FLR(M) is the form. You have sufficient evidence of cohabitation. Your relationship evidence is also sufficient. You only need your income details, for past 6 months (payslips and bank statement), employment letter, P60 and signed contract if you have one under Cat A. You don't normally require letters for premium centre application but can include them if you have particular factors and circumstances about relationship you wish to elucidate. Good to include them for postal application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa! That's really helpful :)

Is the employment contract a requirement, even if I have a letter from my place of work stating my position, lay, etc. ? If so I can try and dig mine up or ask for a new copy.

Thanks again,
Kristen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joppa!

Another (perhaps stupid) question, this time related to the FLR (M) form, which I am currently filling in. Section 9 asks for details of any previous biometric residence permits. I currently hold a Tier 2 General Migrant visa--is this the same thing as a biometric residence permit? And should I provide the details of it as listed in my passport? Or are they referring to something else?

Thank you!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Something else, as BRP is only issued within UK by Home Office, so unless you have been issued with any leave in UK, you don't have any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.