Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my BRP yesterday (though home office letter and my docs haven't been returned yet..) so it looks like my leave to remain as an unmarried partner has been approved!

I thought I would give a summary of my application process if it helps people in similar situations in the future (Disclaimer: this is not advice; it is just an account of my experience with my FLR(M) application).

It took about 6 weeks from my the date I sent it to when my BRP was received so a bit quicker than I expected. I was a nervous because I had to apply a few days short of 2 years cohabiting with my partner (YMS visa expiring) but I gauged the risk from success stories I read on this, and other forums and went ahead with it. Luckily, I was successful, but this doesn't mean that everyone will be in this situation!

Summary of what I submitted:

• Cover letter (written from both of us)
  • Payment (cheque)
  • FLR(M) application form
  • Two passport photos of me, one of my partner
  • My current and expired passport
  • Color photocopy of partners passport (every single page)
  • Confirmation of IHS payment (email receipt printed off)

Evidence of Cohabitation (covers ~2 year period up to application month):
  • Various items of official (HMRC, Council tax, voter registration, utility bill) and not as official (car insurance, travel insurance letter). Some joint, some individually addressed to each of us.

Evidence of Financial Requirement (Category A)
  • Payslips for the 6 months preceding application date (most recent payslip was less than 28 days from my application date)
  • Bank statements showing 6 months of payslips deposited into account
  • Letter from employer
  • Employment contract
  • (P60 wasn't available at time of application)

Additional Evidence:
  • ~12 photographs with names, dates, brief description on back, put into an envelope (taping to A4 sheets, as recommended in this forum, sounds like a better way though).
  • 5 letters from friends/family (yes, I know, not necessary)

·
Registered
151 Posts
:cheer2::cheer2:Congratulations staygold! I am so pleased for you! :) :clap2::clap2:

I was just having a look through the forum and saw your initial post about your document checklist and noticed that you had a gap of a fair few months in your cohabitation documents (bills etc.). This obviously wasn't a problem then? I have been worrying about this as I am on the council tax and water bills, but apart from that the only "official" correspondence I receive really is credit card statements and bank statements. I am worrying that my documentation, whilst from at least 3 sources, won't be evenly spaced. My PEO appointment is in Liverpool on 20th June so I am trying to get all final paperwork ready asap.

Congratulations again and I hope to be joining you in this position soon!:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! :)

I did think about that and may have added another letter (can't quite remember). But, suppose you had the minimum of 6 joint addressed bills/letters/etc.. Even if they were somehow evenly spaced throughout the two years, there would be at least 4 month gaps in between each piece of evidence. I would think that a gap at the start or end (eg. first piece of evidence was in month 5 of 24) might be more suspicious.

Also, I've read on this forum that at the PEO appointments, they seem mostly concerned with meeting the financial requirement with the appropriate evidence. I sent mine by post, so don't know much about the PEO appointment.

Best of luck in June!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.