Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, thanks to Nyclon and Jeppa we are all set for tomorrow afternoon to apply together with my partner.
I would really appreciate if you lovely people can look through my final check-list and tell me what you think.

Obviously an application form FLR(m), My passport, Biometric card, Police registration certificate
Appointment confirmation
IHS receipt
My partner's Passport
My partner himself ( in case they want to interview him)

1. Financial
- my sponsor's pay slips ( we have every single one from 2009 when he started the jon)
- my sponsor's P60s (same, all from 2009)
- my sponsor's corresponding bank statements (every one sinse July 2013)

2. Accomodation
- Solicitor's letter that house been sold/allocated to my partner
- All mortgage statement since 2009

3. English
- My masters diploma
-My transcript from uni

4. Proofs of addresses
1. Joint names:
- Water bills and Council tax bills for the past 3 years ( 6 pieces in total, the latest is dated march 12)

2. His name
- Bank statements (different bank to what we used for finance) for every month since July 2013
-Electricity bills ( they come every quater, so not every month, but all we got since July 13)
-TV licence that is issued once a year for the past years
- his Driving licence and V5C for the car

3. My Name
- My banks statements for the past 3 years ( a couple of months missing here and there)
-My recent P60
-My driving licence
-My travel insurances
-My NHS letter and various bills and invoices ( I pretty much have something for nearly every month since 2012)

I know i may have too much but I just don't know which of the proofs of addresses they may require.

What do I need to add/change?

Thank you guys for your help!!!
A.
:fingerscrossed:

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Right, thanks to Nyclon and Jeppa we are all set for tomorrow afternoon to apply together with my partner.
I would really appreciate if you lovely people can look through my final check-list and tell me what you think.

Obviously an application form FLR(m), My passport, Biometric card, Police registration certificate
Appointment confirmation
IHS receipt
My partner's Passport
My partner himself ( in case they want to interview him)
You need passport photos of each of you.

1. Financial
- my sponsor's pay slips ( we have every single one from 2009 when he started the jon)
- my sponsor's P60s (same, all from 2009)
- my sponsor's corresponding bank statements (every one sinse July 2013)
This is overkill. What category are you applying under? Only include info that covers the category you are applying under. You need a letter of employment.

2. Accomodation
- Solicitor's letter that house been sold/allocated to my partner
- All mortgage statement since 2009
You need the deed or land registry and a council tax or other bill.

3. English
- My masters diploma
-My transcript from uni
Fine

4. Proofs of addresses
1. Joint names:
- Water bills and Council tax bills for the past 3 years ( 6 pieces in total, the latest is dated march 12)

2. His name
- Bank statements (different bank to what we used for finance) for every month since July 2013
-Electricity bills ( they come every quater, so not every month, but all we got since July 13)
-TV licence that is issued once a year for the past years
- his Driving licence and V5C for the car

3. My Name
- My banks statements for the past 3 years ( a couple of months missing here and there)
-My recent P60
-My driving licence
-My travel insurances
-My NHS letter and various bills and invoices ( I pretty much have something for nearly every month since 2012)

I know i may have too much but I just don't know which of the proofs of addresses they may require.
You need 6 pieces in each of your names spread over the last 2 years. So, for example if you have 2 pieces in joint names then you would need 4 things each in individual names. Pare this down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry, yes he did get a letter of emplyment, thank you!
We are applying under category A
So I do not need anything past 6 months? even if it is all together?

We do have council tax bills but they are in the part with proofs of addresses and I will check for the deeds - Thank you!
Will they see those council tax bills?Or will they take them into consideration for one of the the accommodation proofs?

Proofs of addresses - I get it about 6 pieces, so if we have 4 joint bills we need 2 each extra in only his or only my names - right?
I'm confused here as in what months and what sort of proofs do I choose?
I know they want three different sources, so council tax and water are march and april (joint names) but what let's say I provide gas bill for him from october of each year and his bank account for june for example and something similar for me - is it enough?
Or is it safer to give them everything and just mark each sleeve with the month and year.

Also if I'm saying we've lived together for 3.5 years do i only prove the past 2 years? do i not need to proof everything from the beginning at all?

Thank you!!
A

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Sorry, yes he did get a letter of emplyment, thank you!
We are applying under category A
So I do not need anything past 6 months? even if it is all together?
You only need what is relevant to show you meet the requirements under Category A. That's the most recent 6 months.

We do have council tax bills but they are in the part with proofs of addresses and I will check for the deeds - Thank you!
Will they see those council tax bills?Or will they take them into consideration for one of the the accommodation proofs?
If you can't find the deed you can get a land registry document online for £3 and it's been accepted as sufficient.

Proofs of addresses - I get it about 6 pieces, so if we have 4 joint bills we need 2 each extra in only his or only my names - right?
I'm confused here as in what months and what sort of proofs do I choose?
I know they want three different sources, so council tax and water are march and april (joint names) but what let's say I provide gas bill for him from october of each year and his bank account for june for example and something similar for me - is it enough?
Or is it safer to give them everything and just mark each sleeve with the month and year.
I would say 1 thing every 4 months or so for each of you.

Also if I'm saying we've lived together for 3.5 years do i only prove the past 2 years? do i not need to proof everything from the beginning at all?
The requirement to prove you are an unmarried partner is to have lived together for the last 2 years.

Include a few photos from across your relationship but cards are unnecessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.