Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My Partner (U.K. Citizen) has requested a year of bank statements from his bank, first direct. However, first direct does not have any physical locations so he asked to have them sent to our property , stamped. So they basically just have a stamp that says first direct in it, but not a bankers name or anything.

Will this work? How can we certify his statements? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I have just received my wifes approved spouse visa and i had a big issue with the bank statements as my bank Virgin money don't do stamps for online customers. Looking through i never found any home office documentation that states they have to be stamped just original and within the timeframes.

What i did for our application was get the bank to print off the previous monthly statements and had them add a cover letter stating the statements are original and produced by the bank and this was signed by the savings manager at the bank.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
3.3.4. Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...708/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf
So you've actually met the requirement by attaching a cover letter. The alternative of bearing the bank's stamp is also clearly stated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh ok there you i couldnt find that statement before but i thought a cover letter would suffice.

Inthetoon- i can send you a scanned of my bank cover letter for reference if you would like. Just pm me your email and ill blank out my personel details and send it over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.