Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone could help and see if I am okay to go ahead with an application for a Visa in August.

Here is the situation, I am a British Citizen who moved to New Zealand when I was young, when in high school I met my boyfriend who I have dated since 2014.

I turned 18 in April 2015 and we relocated to the UK on the 14 May 2015, I had my UK passport and my partner had the YMS visa for 2 years. We have lived together for 2 years in this time. My boyfriend left the UK on the 14 May 2017 so he was here living with me for exactly 2 years.

We are planning to apply for the Unmarried partner Visa in August 2017, I want to check that we have everything correct before sending everything off.

Okay to meet the financial requirement we are using my salary only, using category A.

My payslips show a gross income each month which I have added to with overtime. Using Category A I can get to £22320.52.

I have worked this out as such: £2045+£1302+£1367+£1998.92+£2448.42+£1998.92, this totals as £11160.26, divided by 6: £1860.04, times 12: £22320.52

Is this calculation correct? I can prove this with payslips, and bank statements (although the bank statements show only Net pay).

Secondly, I want to ensure we have enough proof of cohabitation.

For myself (the sponsor) we have:
Credit card statements
Car insurance documents , March 2016 and March 2017
Gas Bills, spread out over 2 years

For my partner:
Letter from NHS
letter from HMRC with National Insurance number (dated 2015)
Sky bill dated November 2015

Joint names:
Bank statements for current account with bank 1
Bank statements for current account with bank 2
Utility bill for internet

Can anyone confirm that we have the right documents for cohabitation and that I meet the financial requirements?

Many thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you salaried or unsalaried?

Sky bill and credit card bills are not considered strong evidence of living together.
I am salaried at £16452 a year, so using category A so I can include overtime pay into the consideration, I do roughly 40 hours a month in overtime to get to £2000 gross wage, or more to get it higher.

Can we use BT as a bill? That's a connected supply to my address. I also have poll cards, would these be okay?

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Poll cards don't prove that you live there.

If you are salaried you take your lowest salary times 12. You then add up your overtime/bonuses divide by 6 and multiple by 12. Add the 2 together. if that is over £18,600 then you can app,y under Category A.

Water bills, electric bills, gas bills, letters from your doctor's surgery. Things that tie you to the address. That's what you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Poll cards don't prove that you live there.

If you are salaried you take your lowest salary times 12. You then add up your overtime/bonuses divide by 6 and multiple by 12. Add the 2 together. if that is over £18,600 then you can app,y under Category A.

Water bills, electric bills, gas bills, letters from your doctor's surgery. Things that tie you to the address. That's what you need.
Okay so the time has come for me to fill out all of the forms and get these posted off to NZ for my partner to get everything ready.

Can I just confirm how I should show I meet the financial requirement. I'm still unsure over category A or B.

I started with my employer in Jan 2016, so I have been with them over 6 months. During this time I have had 2 pay increases. Pay increased to £15668 in March 2017 and then the £16,452 in May 2017. Obviously using the last 6 months I have calculated this on the lower wage.

Monthly, my lowest wage basic pay over the last 6 months has been £1267.00
So, if I multiply this by 12 £15240ish.

then we include my overtime pay for the last 6 months, these are rough figures

March: £740.00
April: £0
May: £0
June: £620
July: £1090
August: £950

Added all together, divided by 6, comes to £6800.00

Added to £15240 we get to £22,040.00

So I apply under category A, provide 6 months payslips and bank statements.

Is this correct? If so, how to I fill out Appendix 2?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.