Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Thank you for this wonderful site as it has helped me a lot when I was deciding on the best way forward with my visa application.

I am on a student visa which will end in January 2014. I have been with my partner for four years and we have moved in together three years ago in to his house. Although, I can apply to extend my student visa we decided to apply for unmarried partner visa as we meet the requirement. I just wish to check if switching from student visa to unmarried partner visa is ok even though I can still apply for a student visa extension?

Now, we got engaged last Feb, but we probably won't get married till a year
or so from now. Would it be a problem that we are applying for unmarried partner visa even though we are engaged?

Most importantly, we are filling the financial requirements bit of the application. My partner has been in his current employment for more than 6 years and his salary exceeds the financial requirements, so we are filling in and applying for category A. My question is, however, do I need to fill in my financial arrangements as well? I work part-time and I am on an academic scholarship so I can put in my details, but it is rather complicated to fill it in the right category. We have decided that it is best that only my partner fills in his details which meet the financial requirements, but I am so nervous as you can imagine so I wished to check.

In the application, the section A has boxes for both applicant and sponsor to fill in, so what do you advice? Should we just fill in the sponsor's financial details and leave the applicant's empty even though I work part-time?

Thank you so very much in advance,

Best

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No problem applying when you are engaged. You can switch from Tie 4 student visa to unmarried partner.
Since your partner alone meets the requirement, don't mention any of your finance at all. Keep the application simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your reply! May I ask you kindly about the document or guideline which advise this? I read the financial requirement guidelines, but it doesn't clearly answer my question about whether to provide I should provide my finance details as well as my partner's .. (sorry to be a pain:eek:)

And can I ask you if I need to bring with me photocopies of passports and other documents if I am attending an in person appointment?

Thanks a million

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.