Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my partner and I are hoping for some guidance. I am from the UK, he is Australian. I've been living in Australia for the past 4.5 years and we have been living together in a relationship since December 2013. We are hoping to apply for an unmarried partner visa.

We have strong evidence of living together between January 2014 - feb 2016, and from November 2016 - present (at least one document each to our joint address, tenancy agreements etc).
In Feb 2016 we moved, and were still living together, however my partner was intending to start a business so was renting elsewhere as a home office. We don't have any documents to prove we were living together between March - October 2016. We do have many messages, photos and proof of travel together during this time including plane tickets etc.

A couple of different agents have told us that if evidence for the rest of the time is strong it should be fine. We believe that our application is strong apart from this gap, however we are aware that the evidence of living together component is very important.

We are wondering how likely it is for our application to be accepted? We would like to take the unmarried partner option, but If there is a strong chance it will be rejected we will go down the spouse visa route.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
The fact you were actually living together during the 'blank' period, do you have any official letters addressed to either of you? Even an affidavit by you or reliable witnesses, preferable unrelated to either of you such as clergy, lawyer, accountant or councillor? Messages, photos and travelling together don't prove cohabitation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.