Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Apologies in advance for posting multiple threads on the same subject, I was having an issue with my posts not going live so I kept trying to post. I am actively trying to delete the old posts with help from site admin as I know it's against forum rules but I also urgently need help so I needed to post another before they are removed!

My circumstances have changed since the last posts so I have some new questions around the unmarried partner visa for the UK that I would really love some help with (apologies again for the length of this post!)

A bit of background…

I am an Australian citizen currently living and working in London on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa (began 01 August 2015 and expires 01 August 2017) and am applying for an unmarried partner visa from the UK on the 1st of August 2017 using the same-day priority service at Croydon. My partner is a UK citizen and we have lived together in a relationship (in the UK, Australia and back to the UK) since the first day of my YMS visa on the 01 August 2015 (we first met in Sydney Australia in June 2015 when he was visiting friends).

I am a ‘freelancer’ employed full time by an umbrella company but I perform my duties on a full-time basis for one client only. I am planning on solely using my income to meet the financial requirements as a non-salaried worker under category A. My average annaulised salary for the past 6 months exceeds the £18,600 minimum requirement.

My questions…

1. Last payslip date: With regards to the six months from date of application term applied to the non-salaried income calculations - I am paid weekly so I am confused as to what the absolute last payslip I can include is. I.e. If my application date is on 1st of August, the earliest payslip I can use is today the 7th of July as it's within 28 days of application date?

OR do I need to include my payslip I receive on the 28th of July for my appointment on the 1st of August? If that is the case, I need my employer to send out my confirmation of employment letter prior to that date. I understand this letter needs to detail the date of the payslips and total amount received therefore if I am using the payslip for the 28th of July, I won’t be able to include that in the letter as I won’t have received it in time?

2. Partner documents: Since I am not relying on my partners income, is this list of documentation for him correct or do I need to include any financial documents of his? - passport, birth certificate, letter of support, 1 x passport photo with name on back, sponsorship undertaking form? (this doesn’t include proof of relationship documents).

3. Financial documentation date: I want to confirm that if my application date is on the 1st of August, my financial documents are therefore only allowed to be dated from the 4th of July on wards? Does this also apply to my letter of employment?

4. Employment contract: I have an employment contract with my umbrella company. When I first began my employment, my partner and I were going to move into a friends house however that fell through and we remained living at his mother’s house until we moved into our own flat. Unfortunately at the time I put the address of my friends house on my employment contract instead of his mothers house. Will including the contract make my case stronger if shown even with the address that is conflicting to the one we were actually living at? Or should I not include it to avoid confusion? I am concerned that because we didn’t have our own place at the time and were staying with his mother then it may look as if we aren’t telling the truth.

5. Appendix 2: Do I need to fill out appendix 2 if applying from within the UK?

6. There was a period at the beginning of our relationship of two months where we were living together with a (different) friend in Sydney whilst looking for our own place. My partner had official documents sent to this address however I didn’t change my post to the same address as I knew we would be moving very soon. This means I don’t have any documents to that same address in my name. Our friend who was the lease holder is supplying a letter confirming I lived at the residence. My employer at the time has also written an official letter confirming they were aware I was living there with my partner even though my pay slips were sent to my parents home address. Will these letters suffice as documentation for that period? Also will I need to provide my payslips from that employer to prove they were my boss at the time?

7. Additionally my partners mother will also be writing a letter confirming we lived in her home for a few months when we returned to the UK together. Can I write both of these letters myself and just have my friend and my partners mother sign them or do they have to look different as though they were written by separate people?

8. Originally I was planning on applying for the unmarried partner visa from Australia and so I booked a flight home from London to Sydney. Now that I am applying from within the UK I need to change this flight and was hoping to travel home to visit on the night of the 1st (or the next day) after I (fingers crossed) receive my visa. I won’t have my BRP sent out to me by that point so I am wondering if it’s possible for the home office to send the BPR to my parents address in Australia or will this take too long? I could have the BRP sent to my partners mother and she could courier it but I am concerned that it will take more than 7 days and then getting it to Australia will take more time on top. I was hoping to return to the UK on the 13th of August. Would they let me in without the BRP?

9. Do I need to provide bachelors and masters certificates (proof of English language requirement) if I am an Australian citizen?

10. If my visa is refused, how long do I have before I am required to leave the UK on my YMS visa if it expires on the 1st of August? If I am to appeal the decision, can I remain in the UK during this time and continue my employment until a decision is made?

Many thanks in advance for your replies!

:)

·
Super Moderator
18,017 Posts
What financial category are you applying under?

You shouldn't travel until you receive your BRP. It takes about a week to receive after an in person appointment. It will be sent to your UK address.

You don't need birth certificates or sponsorship undertaking.

You don't need Appendix 2.

You don't need your degrees. Being Australian meets the English language requirement.

You would have to appeal from Australia.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nyclon

Thank you very much for your response.

With regards to my first question - I am applying under category A as a non-salaried worker.

Are you able to please provide any advice around my questions 4,6 & 7?

And just to clarify, if the visa is refused, how long do I have before I would be required to leave the UK?

Thank you again in advance :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You shouldn't travel until you receive your BRP. It takes about a week to receive after an in person appointment. It will be sent to your UK address.

You don't need your degrees. Being Australian meets the English language requirement.

Hi Nyclon

Following up on my above post. Your awaited response is much appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
924 Posts
4- complicated, not sure what you should do on that one , will let someone else advise.

6 and 7- Letters from parents/friends etc, even when living together, are not considered sufficient evidence. If you feel better including them , then do, but in reality the only thing they will strictly consider is official documents posted to these addresses.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
As for the address on the employment contract - It should be ok. They don't scrutinise the address here as long as it's in your name (and you're not using it for cohabitation evidence). My husband had his address at work registered as his parents' address and they didn't seem to care. I've never seen them take issue with the address on the employment documents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for the address on the employment contract - It should be ok. They don't scrutinise the address here as long as it's in your name (and you're not using it for cohabitation evidence). My husband had his address at work registered as his parents' address and they didn't seem to care. I've never seen them take issue with the address on the employment documents.
Thank you Kimi2490 & clever-octopus for your responses!

Are either of you able to advise on my first question regarding my payslips?

I am paid weekly so do I need to provide bank statements and bank slips for 6 months prior to the date of application (August 1st). As in I would need to show my very last payslip before my appointment which would be the one I receive on the 28th of July OR do my financial documents need to be no more than 28 days prior to application date (1st August) meaning the time frame would shift forward and I could use the payslip I received on 7th July as my final payslip?

This question is restricting me from getting my authentication of payslips letter sent out which is making me anxious that I won't receive it in time from my employer!

Many thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I would get the payslips you have so far authenticated and put in the most recent pay slip as well.
Thanks Kimi2490.

From reading posts on this forum, I understand that the authentication of payslips letter needs to detail each weekly payslip date and the gross amount paid over the 6 months.

Because I am paid weekly (every Friday) the most recent payslip I have right now is from the 7th of July. I would like my 'employer' (umbrella company) to mail out my authentication letter asap this week (to allow for postage time, I don't carry out my work in the same location as the umbrella company) meaning they cannot include the remaining 3 weeks of payslips prior to my in-person application on the 1st of August as I have not completed the work yet.

I technically work as a freelancer and don't get paid for sick days which means if, for unforeseen circumstances, I can't work for a day or two in the next three weeks before my appointment then I won't be paid for that/those days and my calculations would be out if that were to happen.

So, my question is, can I include 3 x weekly payslips that are not authenticated (using the usual weekly amount I am paid) in the 6 months worth of financial evidence OR can my final payslip be the 7th of July and include 26 weeks of payslips prior to that, which would take it to the 6th of Jan? (because I can get everything authenticated in time if I am to use my payslips up until the 7th of July).

I hope that makes sense!

·
Registered
924 Posts
hmm., I would simply wait to authenticate the very last pay slip and submit after that.

You might leave the most recent weeks payslip unauthenticated but not the rest. Surely your employer can wait and sign the letter to authenticate the pay slips? You can even have the whole letter prepped and just have them sign it after the very latest payslip comes in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm., I would simply wait to authenticate the very last pay slip and submit after that.

You might leave the most recent weeks payslip unauthenticated but not the rest. Surely your employer can wait and sign the letter to authenticate the pay slips? You can even have the whole letter prepped and just have them sign it after the very latest payslip comes in.
My umbrella company's office is a few hours out of London and I am in central London. So I need them to post the letter to me unfortunately. I wanted them to send it this week to allow for postage time so that's why I wanted to use the payslip for the 7th as the final one.

If I am to wait until my last payslip on Friday the 28th my appointment is on Tuesday the 1st of August which doesn't give me enough time.

How does the 28 day rule for payslips apply then if I can't use my payslip on the 7th as the last payslip??

Joppa, Nyclon, clever-ocotpus - has this been an issue previously??

Thanks all

·
Registered
924 Posts
Maybe wait till the second to last pay slip then? I do see what you are getting at, I don't think there is a perfect solution, just one that works. And I think it would be fine to have one weeks payslip unauthenticated, if all the rest of the ones for 6 months prior were. If you see what I mean?

Let's wait to see what the moderators advise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Site moderators, please can we have your assistance with this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
#4 Just add a short note of explanation to your document.
~6 and #7 Don't overthink. Just submit things as they are.

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
#6 and #7 Don't overthink. Just submit things as they are.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
#6 and #7 Don't overthink. Just submit things as they are.
Hi Joppa

Thanks for your response.

Are you also able to assist with question 1?

My application date is on the 1st August. Which means I need payslips and statements from the 1st of Feb. I am paid weekly. Need to get payslip authentication letter sent to me asap. Because of this, can I use the 7th of July as my last payslip as it is within the 28 days before appointment?

Also, because my first payslip of the 6 months was the 3rd of feb (a Friday) and the 1st of feb was on a Wednesday, can I not include that first payslip because the Monday and Tuesday were before the 1st of feb?

This means that I will only be submitting 21 weeks of work (as I also had a week off for holiday). But I still make the minimum requirement. Is that ok?

Thank you in advance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.