Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

There was a period at the beginning of mine and my partners relationship where he moved to Sydney for work. I remained in London working to save for a flight to Sydney and for deposit money for an apartment for us both for when I got there. We remained partners during the 7 weeks that we were apart. I have evidence of us speaking during this time apart and I have images of me with his family in the UK during this time.

Prior to this period that we weren't living together, we had only been living together for one month in the UK. Other than those 7 weeks we have lived together for the entire two years.

I was advised by an immigration agency that periods of six months or less apart are ok if you have legitimate reasons for it.

Can somebody please clarify if this is true??

Many thanks!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I don't believe there is any time limit set out in stone; one needs to prove that the time apart was for a legitimate reason and for a reasonable time,

If you lived together for a month and then were apart for 6 weeks while your partner moved for his job and you saved up for your journey/stay out there, AND since that time you can show living together as man and wife (utility bills/accommodation bills etc etc) then explaining those 6 weeks apart should not be too much of a problem.

You'll need good evidence of your remaining time together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.