Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
all ,

Please use this thread for moving PR holders to sydney for Unix AIX System admin jobs .

Unix AIX SysAdmin -NSW SS (190) || 29/8/2013 Date of Visa Application || 28/11/2013 Visa Grant Date || moving to sydney 10/03/2014

All ,

Will land in Sydney by March 10 th .

I have started preparing AU format resume , cover letter , Skype number ( need to take ) and Linked In profile .( need strong recommendations )

Planning for certifications in platforms like VMWARE and WIDNOWS as multiple skills needed for A INFRA system admin .

Thanks
Abhilash

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Abhilash, I see you are from B'lore. Could you help me with the details of the Auzzie MARA registered agent in Bangalore who you approached to process the Visa application. I'ld try to contact the same. I am a Unix admin(solaris/linux/aix) seeking to make career in Australia.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Abhilash, I see you are from B'lore. Could you help me with the details of the Auzzie MARA registered agent in Bangalore who you approached to process the Visa application. I'ld try to contact the same. I am a Unix admin(solaris/linux/aix) seeking to make career in Australia.
Hi

Check with abhinav or y axis . I got my PR through Abhinav.

Thanks
Abhilash

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Abhilash,

How is the Unix admin job market in Sydney area !? If you go there without a job in hand how long you think it may take to land up in a job

Do we have any consultants who can help with job assistance as well (Not sure if Y-axis does that in real !!! )

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi sooraj

It is very difficult to get any job while you are in india. They need the person physically in the country for f2 f interview. Best option is check in your current company and transfer. I don't have any consultants information regarding same.

Regards
Abhilash

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Abhilash,

How are you doing in Sydney? Hope you have settled for the time being.
How is the job hunt going on !? Did you get to face any intrvus so far ?
By the way my profile is being processed by y-axis at the moment

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi sooraj

Not yet. Slow process.

Market is good for Windows administration.

Then network administration

Then linux administration.

Regards
Abhilash

1 - 9 of 9 Posts