Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
what is the ANZSCO Code for the university lecturer? what is the minimum IELTS requirements for the profession? who will be the assess body? aitsl or VETASSESS? i get the information that it will be aitsl from SOL but in this thread i came to know that we can also access by VETASSESS.

apologize if ask too many ques.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Most lecturer and post doc positions are not advertised on seek but on the individual university websites....only the more senior positions like A Prof are advertised always in seek

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have applied for NSW SS visa. Application recd by the NSW team on Sep 30. It looks like there are not many university lecturer applicants here on the forum. But still lets start our little chat corner to learn from each other and share our experiences.

Thanks

Gandhara
Dear Gandhara,
i know its an old post but i would like to ask you that i am also a university lecturer having ict major is it possible to get assessed as a software engineer easily because i have been teaching programming language, web technologies course for almost 6 years now.will acs grant me suitable skills assessment on teaching software engineering courses

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes dear i know but here the cases above were university lecturers and they successfully got assessed as software engineer through acs

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also a university lecturer with 5.5 years experience.
I got positive assessment from vetassess and also got invitation from nsw.
I lodged my visa on 25 sept.
Collecting documents to upload.
I know i have to do odd jobs and my final aim is to get register myself as pharmacist in australia as i am from pharmacy field.
One of my known offered a job of manager at his petrol station.
I will do in starting along with preparation for pharmacy exam.
Hi,

Could you please share with me your lecturer role & responsibilities letter for refernce. I also want to get assessment for it. That will be great help for me together positive result.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Field of relevancy

Dear All

I have a query which is worrying for past few weeks. I have gone through VETASSESS details about University Lecturer GSM occupation. There are following two points that I found:

1: Minimum Qualification equivalent to AQF Bachelors:

After going through many sources I have found that I am meeting this requirement, because the study volume for AQF Bachelors is 3 to 4 years that is matching my Bachelors degree, and plus I have Masters in Computer Science (field of specialization: Multimedia)

2: Field of Study should highly relevant to field of teaching discipline:

Now here is where my main doubts and anxiety comes in. I have a Bachelors in Computer Science Degree that I completed in 3 years, and I have a Masters in Computer Science Degree that I complete in 1 year. My field of specialization during my Masters in "Computer Degree" was "Multimedia" which is also mentioned on my Masters in Computer Science Transcript. I have been teaching Computer Graphics and Multimedia overseas for more than 8 years, Computer Graphics and Multimedia are just different titles but their contents are same. The programme of Computer Graphics and Multimedia falls under different departments from university to university, for example, in the university where I studied my bachelors and masters, the field of multimedia was under Computer Science. The university where I taught computer graphics from 2006 to 2013, it was under school of fine arts and computer graphics. The university where I am teaching multimedia right now, it is under department of media and communications. My question is that, will I able to get positive assessment in terms of "relevant field of study and teaching discipline."

Apart from this I have already provided VETASSESS my reference letters, qualification docs, researches and thesis, proof of employment etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Need to earn 5 points through my work experience as a University Lecturer

Good day. I am applying for a point-based skilled migration visa through a University Lecturer (ANZSCO Code: 242111) occupation. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could enlighten me about the statement below mentioned in the reqirements for VETASSESS Skills Assessment.

"If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, and not in a highly relevant field of study, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the applicant will be assessed below the required skill level."

Currently, I have 55 points and to make it 60, I am thinking of obtaining the remaining 5 points from my work experiences. I am wondering which educational qualification should I use for the assessment to be able to gain a minimum of 5 points.

Option 1:
Education Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Graduated 2004)
Work Experience: Instructor (2006 to 2008), Assistant Prof (2010-2013), Research Fellow (2013-2014), PhD Researcher (2014 to 2016)

Option 2:
Education Qualification: Master of Engineering (Graduated 2010)
Work Experience: Instructor (2006 to 2008), Assistant Prof (2010-2013), Research Fellow (2013-2014), PhD Researcher (2014 to 2016)

Option 2:
Education Qualification: PhD (will be graduating this August 2016)
Work Experience: Instructor (2006 to 2008), Assistant Prof (2010-2013), Research Fellow (2013-2014), PhD Researcher (2014 to 2016).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Earn minimum of 5 points from work experience

Good day. I am applying for a point-based skilled migration visa through a University Lecturer (ANZSCO Code: 242111) occupation. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could enlighten me about the statement below mentioned in the requirements for VETASSESS Skills Assessment.

"If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, and not in a highly relevant field of study, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the applicant will be assessed below the required skill level."

Currently, I have 55 points and to make it 60, I am thinking of obtaining the remaining 5 points from my work experiences. I am wondering which educational qualification should I use for the assessment to be able to gain a minimum of 5 points.

Option 1:
Education Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Graduated 2004)

Option 2:

Option 2:
Work Experience: Instructor (2006 to 2008), Assistant Prof (2010-2013), Research Fellow (2013-2014), PhD Researcher (2014 to 2016).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello

For which state you are applying for? I checked that university lecturer skill is not available in any of the state?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Shivkaundal,

Thanks for your response. I am applying under the Queensland state. May I please ask how to verify whether the nominated occupation is being sponsored by the state or not? Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Ginghis

·
Registered
164 Posts
Plz check the CSOL list for the year 2016-17.
Hello,

Its there in the CSOL. But i think it should be in the state nominated occupation list as well for some state to nominate it.

Thanks

Shiv

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Shivkaundal and Syamkumar,

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. In relation to my previous inquiry, which I posted below, may i please ask for your advice. Thanks again.

Regards,
G1n8

"I am applying for a point-based skilled migration visa through a University Lecturer (ANZSCO Code: 242111) occupation. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could enlighten me about the statement below mentioned in the requirements for VETASSESS Skills Assessment.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 2:
Work Experience: Instructor (2006 to 2008), Assistant Prof (2010-2013), Research Fellow (2013-2014), PhD Researcher (2014 to 2016)."

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi all,

I have a PhD in Business Administration and have been working as Professor for last 2.5 years....I also worked as research and teaching assistant during PhD for 4 years.......want to apply for skilled migration in Australia....need help.....

1) University lecturer is listed in CSOL....does that mean I can apply for it for all states or any states in Australia?

2) How long it might take for invitation/nomination from state under 190 subclass visa process?

3) How do I find out in what states there is high demand for University Lecturers?

4) May I file EOI in all states?

5) Should I hire a consultant to help with this process?

Thanks so much for your response. Please help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the university lecturer assessment by VETASSES is a post graduate certificate in education required? If you do not have this certificate , does that mean you will not qualify?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts