Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends, I want to apply for University Lecturer 242111 under visa subclass 190 for NT(Hope it remains in the list come July 2015). I am working in the university from Dec 2011 to till date and I have guided some of the Mtech students also in their thesis work. I have some of the publications also but those are of the year 2014-15. I don't have publications for the year 2012 and 2013 though I got enrolled in Phd by the end of year 2012 (which I think is utomatically considered as research). Please tell me will my experience for the year 2012 and 2013 be counted as I don't have research publications. I only have the documents showing that Mtech students were assigned to me for thesis work. Also the journals in which my work was published were not world class though I have one paper in IEEE conference. Please guide should I apply for the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Are your publications on the citation index? do you have a PHD yet? Lecturers need to have a PhD at a minimum but since there is only one uni in the NT and it's not a high rated one they might have a lower standard when it comes to getting a job...but for immigration I thought a PhD was a min requirement

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to my search Phd is not minimum. I don't have phD right now and please tell me more about citation index.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you have positive vetassess under 242111 code then phd or any other education does nt matters. just apply where uni lects are in demand if you are eligible in other points like ielts, total points i.e 55 for 190 subclass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello dear im too waitng for NSW 2015 july list,

but as i have heard about the NT, the success rate is very less, don't know about the reason for that , but it is difficult to ger SS for territories like ACT and NT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts