Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Newbie to the forum!

I'm going to be moving to Abu Dhabi in the next 30-60 days and am being provided unfurnished housing. Where exactly I won't know until I arrive. However, as we are being given a substantial furnishing allowance, $20k AED, I was curious as to what "unfurnished" actually means. Back in U.S., unless you are getting an unfurnished home, apts typically come w basic appliances ie. dishwasher and fridge. Can anyone speak to this topic?? Also, if any might have washer and dryer or at least have hook ups?? Not really wanting to have to do laundry outside.

Also, any help on furniture stores would be appreciated. I know of IKEA and PAN Emirates already and they look good. Curious about obtaining quality mattress.
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
We've just rented an unfurnished villa and it doesn't have any appliances. We had to buy washer, dryer, fridge, cooker etc.

I think some of the more modern apartments come with built in appliances though.

For furniture we went to Ikea and Home Center which we found provided the best balance of quality and price. Plus they have free delivery and assembly. 20k AED will furnish a small to medium sized place with appliances too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great info thanks. Hopefully I will be allowed a more modern place. But its hard to complain when I'm not paying for it. I love the free delivery and assembly, I'm mechanically challenged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts