Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am trying to help a friend that is in a sticky situation with his employer. He works as a manager in the company in DIFC since 2011; around two months ago he was told by his big boss to start looking for a job as the company has no place for him anymore; he has documentation of all job appraisals and he has been praised in all.

A few days ago he was verbally given his last day at work, and that he will be paid one month in lieu and all his end-of-year gratuity; which is great but... WHY? Why is the reason he is being dismissed??

He was not given a reason as to why the company does not want him there anymore... everything has been verbally communicated, nothing written. Is this legal??

I think the company is playing on him as he is a Indian national and all bosses are Westerns (but that is my opinion only... I do not think it would stand a case of discrimination).

I am trying to find out in DIFC laws but cannot find anything (maybe laws on unfair dismissal does not exist at all in DIFC???)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.