Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can any one tell me if at the time of filing EOI if I am unemployed for 3-4 months. I quit fro my job on purpose as I was not happy with the work I was getting and planned to apply VISA and side by side Job search. Hopefully, by next week I will give my PTE and if everything goes well then I have one target that is getting a new job.

So have a concern, my skill assessment report will take 4-5 weeks and currently I am preparing for PTE , so might be there will a gap of 2-3 months (approx) by the time I file my EOI.... so does it matter that I am unemployed from 2-3 months ...

Does anyone have any idea about this ???:confused:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi All,

Can any one tell me if at the time of filing EOI if I am unemployed for 3-4 months. I quit fro my job on purpose as I was not happy with the work I was getting and planned to apply VISA and side by side Job search. Hopefully, by next week I will give my PTE and if everything goes well then I have one target that is getting a new job.

So have a concern, my skill assessment report will take 4-5 weeks and currently I am preparing for PTE , so might be there will a gap of 2-3 months (approx) by the time I file my EOI.... so does it matter that I am unemployed from 2-3 months ...

Does anyone have any idea about this ???:confused:
It doesnt matter. You can only claim points for the employment which got assessed. Since you are changing job, you can't claim points for new job as its not mentioned in assessment.
No issues in being un-employed.

If you were in the same org even after assessmnet, then you could have mentioned your current employer "To Date" as blank which takes into account your employment exp even after final assessment date. But in your case you have quit the job, so you won't get points beyond the date which got assessed. No one cares whether you are employed or not after assessment period.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts