Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I along with our 2 year old son will be travelling to UK on EEA family permit. I'm just trying to understand how to search for properties.

How do I search for places that allow children. I would prefer a flat. I am confused though because on the websites there are sharing basis, which would be unsuitable for us.

What is a flat and how is it different from a detached house?

·
Super Moderator
17,951 Posts
A flat is an apartment. It is in a building with other flats. It will usually have a common entrance into the building for all tenants.

I've never heard of landlords restricting children.

Have you looked at property websites like zoopla and rightmove?

·
Super Moderator
1,659 Posts
My husband and I along with our 2 year old son will be travelling to UK on EEA family permit. I'm just trying to understand how to search for properties.

How do I search for places that allow children. I would prefer a flat. I am confused though because on the websites there are sharing basis, which would be unsuitable for us.

What is a flat and how is it different from a detached house?
What you have come across are probably flatshares - several unrelated individuals renting a flat together and sharing common areas such as drawing room, kitchen, etc.

This is usually what university students or young professionals starting out in a new city do, when they might not be able to afford a flat on their own, yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.