Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I actually have rather a stupid question about my ACS assessment.

So here's my story

- I finished my uni (Bachelor of ICT) in May 2013.
- I worked as a software developer from Aug 2013 to Jan 2015

According to the ACS assessment guidelines, it asys
All relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be
considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

As per my understanding, as my work exp is used for the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date”, I actually updated my EOI to remove my professional exp because I did not want to ruin any process.

However, I am not entirely sure if it is correct.

My assessment letter says

The following employment after March 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: Position: Employer: Country:
08/13-04/14 (0yrs8mths) Software Development Engineer
AUSTRALIA
05/14-01/15 (0yrs8mths) Software Development Engineer
AUSTRALIA

So does this mean I can claim for the 5 extra point for the exp?

and if so, if I update now from 60pts to 65pts then would it be effective for the next May round?

Thanks for reading! please share your knowledge :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm also worried that I will be pushed back to the end of the queue if I update my EOI now to get the extra 5pts..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually need to change the last sentence

from
and if so, if I update now from 60pts to 65pts then would it be effective for the next May round?

to
and if so, if I update now from 60pts to 65pts then I will be pushed back to with today's date of submission, which means it might be better to let it be with 60pts since I submitted my EOI 12days ago. Will the 5pts be worth the 12days??

for better understanding.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi guys,

I actually have rather a stupid question about my ACS assessment.

So here's my story

- I finished my uni (Bachelor of ICT) in May 2013.
- I worked as a software developer from Aug 2013 to Jan 2015

My assessment letter says

The following employment after March 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: Position: Employer: Country:
08/13-04/14 (0yrs8mths) Software Development Engineer
AUSTRALIA
05/14-01/15 (0yrs8mths) Software Development Engineer
AUSTRALIA

So does this mean I can claim for the 5 extra point for the exp?

Thanks for reading! please share your knowledge :)
Dude, you completed your bachelor in May 2013 and ACS said your employment after Mar 2013 is skilled employment (before you even completed your education)?? Doesn't seem right.

AFAIK ACS deducts min. of 2yrs post your qualification completion date, so you should qualify post May 2015 unless I'm missing something here

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, you completed your bachelor in May 2013 and ACS said your employment after Mar 2013 is skilled employment (before you even completed your education)?? Doesn't seem right.

AFAIK ACS deducts min. of 2yrs post your qualification completion date, so you should qualify post May 2015 unless I'm missing something here
Thx you are right, that was a mistake and i finished bachelor in March not May.

And also I have done acs assessment 2yrs ago for 485visa, which did not have any rules such as the deducted 2yrs. But it was expired so i had to renew it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts