Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I'm looking to relocate to Melbourne, as my g/f lives there(resident). I'm currently in the UK with full time employment.

I would like to move ASAP, but ideally with a job/ at least job interviews.

A skilled Visa costs around £3000 however, is there another way to move to Oz on a different visa?
Has anyone moved on a working holiday in to a job and then got the firm to apply for a new/different visa?

Thank you

Roh

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You could move over on a spouse visa if you lived together for 12 months and have documentary proof of that (shared bills, etc.). Search for de-facto on the forum and you will find similar posts.

Dear All,

I'm looking to relocate to Melbourne, as my g/f lives there(resident). I'm currently in the UK with full time employment.

I would like to move ASAP, but ideally with a job/ at least job interviews.

A skilled Visa costs around £3000 however, is there another way to move to Oz on a different visa?
Has anyone moved on a working holiday in to a job and then got the firm to apply for a new/different visa?

Thank you

Roh

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Or move over on a WHV and in that time live with your partner to get the requirements necessary for the spouse visa.

TBH you won't move over with a job. Most companies aren't interested in employing anyone without PR. That leaves company sponsorship - and that is incredibly difficult to get (but not impossible).

Dolly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts