Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

I am trying to pay a Visa fee of 5370 AUD through my Axis Bank debit card. I tried making the payment, but i got an error stating "Declined". I found out online and came to know that it is due to the card limit. Initially I had a daily transaction limit of 4,00,000 but somehow it got reduced to 1.5 lakhs. I approached the bank and yesterday they confirmed that limit has been increased to 4 lakhs again. Today again I tried making the payment, but got the same error. They are currently working on it.

I saw few threads here in Expat forum and saw many making the payment through ICICI Travel card. I then approached ICICI for the travel card, but they said you need to have an account with us. so no luck here.

I then went to my second bank HDFC, in which I have opened the account just 1 month back. So they said as it is a new account, we cannot increase the debit card limit, and for travel card I need to provide valid travelling tickets.

Now I am in a dilemma what to do. One of my brother has got account in CITI bank and another has an account in Barclays UK bank. Thinking of trying these 2 banks as well.

Any inputs or alternatives that I can go for.

Regards,
Manjyot Singh

·
Registered
99 Posts
Best if you can find some friend in Australia to pay for you. Use their credit card detail for the payment and pay them back as they desire....

I used one of my Senior brother credit card for the payment...so you look for friends who has credit card having high limit....

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Travel card would have been the best option for paying fees.

ELSE

* Try paying with your Brothers bank (this should work for you). And no need to run here and there for travel card.

* OR Wait for a your AXIS bank issue to be resolved and then use it for payment.

Hello Friends,

I am trying to pay a Visa fee of 5370 AUD through my Axis Bank debit card. I tried making the payment, but i got an error stating "Declined". I found out online and came to know that it is due to the card limit. Initially I had a daily transaction limit of 4,00,000 but somehow it got reduced to 1.5 lakhs. I approached the bank and yesterday they confirmed that limit has been increased to 4 lakhs again. Today again I tried making the payment, but got the same error. They are currently working on it.

I saw few threads here in Expat forum and saw many making the payment through ICICI Travel card. I then approached ICICI for the travel card, but they said you need to have an account with us. so no luck here.

I then went to my second bank HDFC, in which I have opened the account just 1 month back. So they said as it is a new account, we cannot increase the debit card limit, and for travel card I need to provide valid travelling tickets.

Now I am in a dilemma what to do. One of my brother has got account in CITI bank and another has an account in Barclays UK bank. Thinking of trying these 2 banks as well.

Any inputs or alternatives that I can go for.

Regards,
Manjyot Singh

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Friends,

Atlast I have made the payment. Thanks to my brother who gave me million dollar idea.

Till yesterday I was struggling to make the payment through my Debit card. Approached 3 different banks for help, but was not successful.

I then transferred the amount to my brother's bank (CITI), and then again the same story continued. It reached its daily transnational limit and couldn't pay even yesterday.

I have a Credit card which has got a limit of 2,55,000 but I had to pay a visa fee of 2,90,000.
Then my brother suggested to push excess 40000 into your credit card. So i paid credit card amount, with an excess amount of 40,000. It has then increased the credit card limit to 2,90,000.

But still i was nervous as this was my only option left. But thankfully, payment went through :)

So all of you, if you are having any issue with your credit card limit, increase the limit by making the excess payment :)

Cheers,
Manjyot SIngh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts