Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am from India,hav got an offer from a international school in dubai as a teacher and offering 3500AED with accomadation and travel,health benefits for me nd dependants.Need help for a few questions from u guys out ther to help me decide.
1.Is there anything else I must clearly and outrightly ask the employers?
2.Is the salary offered fair enough?
3. Will I be able to save nd send somthing bak home?
4.cost of living?
5.Incase i say i dnt want d accomadation provided by them,instead ask them to include that amount to the salary,and can I get accomadation?
6.Should I wait and explore more ??

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,931 Posts
Hi,
What will you actually be teaching - I hope it is not English - because your spelling is atrocious!
The salary you are being offered is less than a taxi driver earns in Dubai.
Who earns more in India - a taxi driver or a fully qualified teacher?
I could not imagine sending my son to a school that only pays teachers 3500 AED per month.
Best of luck
Steve
P.S. - it is against the forum rules to use text speak in your posts - please use plain English in your future posts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve,
Well I din't know about the forum rules about texting language.Thanks about that. I guess there are better ways rather being so rude in your comment about the spellings.
I din't not ask about the salary of a driver in dubai.
Anyway thanks!

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,931 Posts
Hi,
I am not being rude.
Teachers have a duty to lead by example - I would not want my child to be taught by a teacher who could neither spell properly nor spend the time to read the rules on a forum they just joined.
Teachers are always urging children to follow the rules - so why should you be exempt from them yourself?
The comparison between a taxi driver's wage in Dubai and what you are being offered is merely an illustration of how low the salary is.
You should be upset with a school that is offering such a low salary - considering the time, effort and money that you will have invested in your teacher training.
You must also understand that you will need to earn a minimum monthly salary higher than 3500 AED for you to sponsor your family members.
Best of luck
Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
The salary offered to you is lower than the salary offered to my wife to work at a nursery in Dubai as an unqualified assistant.

Hopefully you can make your own deduction as to the quality of your own offer.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
One thing you might want to consider is that if you are being recruited for an Indian school then the salaries there are indeed lower (as are the school fees).
A lot of teachers getting these lower salaries are here already on their spouse's visa and this is essentially a 2nd income (and which also means that the average quality of teachers is not great).

Having said that, 3500 is really low (as has been amply pointed out above) and you will really struggle. You will be poor (not middle class). If its 3500 + accommodation (and transport) then it is obviously better than 3500 all inclusive, but I do think that it is on the lower end of the spectrum for salaries in Indian schools.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts